This individual will be responsible for assigned management responsibilitiesassociated with Live Training, Educational Speaker Programs, Webinars and Educational Symposiums. Responsibilities will include the development and execution of assigned educational programs along with the associated presentations to ensure quality educational content is delivered in compliance with all related policies.
To ensure the educational programs meet company objectives & compliance requirements, this individual will need to effectively collaborate with the Surg Ed Coordinators, Surgeon Educational Regional Managers (SERMs), HCPs, Product Management, R&D, Sales Management as well as Regulatory & Medical Affairs and Compliance.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop/coach/manage coordinators in order to meet annual objectives of the surgical education department including the preparation and delivery of performance evaluations.
- Maintains appropriate records, schedules vacations and recommends all appropriate personnel actions to Director of Surgical Education.
- Documents all policies and procedures and ensures all are understood and adhered to by departmental personnel. Recommends changes as needed.
- Oversees daily activities within the department and provides backup coordinator support when needed to ensure the department responds appropriately to all Surgeon, sales force and internal customer requests.
- Responsible for overseeing, budgeting, maintaining, and implementing improvements to the department's Surg Ed database.
- Responsible for overseeing the coordination and management of the departments expense budget as assigned by department director.
- Responsible for overseeing, budgeting, maintaining, and implementing improvements to the department's Surg Ed digital learning platform.
- Supports the identification and development of assigned Surgical Education speakers, topics and associated presentations in order to meet annual objectives of the department
- Responsible for developing/coaching/managing/monitoring of assigned Surgeon Trainers and Host TMs to ensure educational objectives and compliance policies are met.
- Support the development and implementation of process improvements that ensure educational programs meet our business objectives while ensuring compliance with associated company policies and procedures
- Responsible for collaborating in the creation of Surgeon presentations and loading them into Zinc (Approval software based system)
- Responsible for generating and implements new tools and processes that improve the effectiveness, efficiency, compliance and execution of department related programs and processes.
- Audits department's AMX bills and invoices for accuracy and efficient processing.
- Creates, route for approval and distributes Surg Ed training materials and documentation packets as needed
- Supports development, tracking and reporting of annual expense budgets. Tracks and reports according
- Creates and reports monthly reports, event attendance as well as ad hoc analysis and reporting as needed.
- Understand, coach to and ensure compliance to all surgical education associated procedures and protocols.
- Supports development of annual surgical education business plan.
- Coordinates and delivers training on Surg Ed to new field sales and department employees.
- Up to 30% travel.
- Special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree required. • Minimum 4 years supervisory experiencerequired. • Minimum 5 years experience in supporting the development of contracts with travel agents, local transportation, hotels, convention centers and restaurants required. • Proven track record of success in collaborating withinternal and external customers. • Capable of independently working in Excel, Access, Adobe, Word and PowerPoint. • Ability to travel up to 30% of time. • A record of success, measured by accomplishments vs. objectives. • A strong sense of initiative, ownership and personal accountability. • Proven ability to work with others in a very busy team environment. • Strong analytical skills. • Strong communication/feedback skills.
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelors Degree required, Graduate degreepreferred.
- Minimum 4 years supervisory experiencerequired.
- Minimum 5 years experience in supporting the development of contracts with travel agents, local transportation, hotels, convention centers and restaurants required.
- Minimum 4 years experience in the education of adult professionals preferred.
- Experience in Medical Device or Pharma industry preferred
- Proven track record of success in collaborating withinternal and external customers.
- Capable of independently working in Excel, Access, Adobe, Word and PowerPoint.
- A record of success, measured by accomplishments vs. objectives.
- A strong sense of initiative, ownership and personal accountability.
- Proven ability to work with others in a very busy team environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication/feedback skills.