WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
Our Surface Water Technical Manager will Make a Difference by supporting our many public and private sector clients with their next challenging projects. Michael Baker is actively seeking a Surface Water Department Manager to join our Phoenix office. The Department Manager will lead business development opportunities, manage clients, direct engineers and designers on surface water studies, transportation drainage and infrastructure design projects and will also serve as the Project Manager for surface water projects.
• Primary responsibilities include business development in local and regional market and client management
• Meet with existing clients to identify upcoming opportunities and confirm performance on existing contracts
• Attend and participate in industry events
• Oversee the preparation of hydrological and hydraulic calculations, modeling, and preparation of technical reports, technical exhibits and design drawings for projects
• Ensure QA/QC procedures are being implemented on all department projects
• Conduct department meetings with staff to review and evaluate workload, resource planning, project performance, and business development opportunities
• Coordinate with other offices to facilitate workshare, the implementation of best practices and developing work with those offices requiring civil engineering services
• Mentor engineering personnel in their technical and management competencies to help them achieve their career objectives
• Identify training opportunities for staff consistent with their career objectives
• 15+ years of engineering experience is required
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering is required
• Professional Engineer (PE) licensed in the State of Arizona is required
• Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) highly recommended
• Excellent external and internal, oral and written communication skills are required
• Proficient with MS Office Suite and MS Project
• Proficiency with 2D H&H modeling (HecRAS, FLO-2D) is needed to be successful