Solenis is a leading global manufacturer of specialty chemicals for the pulp, paper, oil and gas, chemical processing, mining, biorefining, power, and municipal markets. The company’s product portfolio includes a broad array of process, functional and water treatment chemistries as well as state-of-the-art monitoring and control systems. These technologies are used by customers to improve operational efficiencies, enhance product quality, protect plant assets, and minimize environmental impact. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, the company operates 30 manufacturing facilities strategically located around the globe and employs a team of 3,500 professionals in 118 countries across five continents. For additional information about Solenis, please visit www.solenis.com|Twitter | LinkedIn.
Solenis is staffed with great minds and powered by ingenuity. When you join the Solenis team, you become part of a global community of 3,500 experts who work together to provide advanced process and water treatment solutions. Our team members take pride in their ability to think dynamically and help solve our customers’ unique challenges. If you’re interested in becoming a part of our elite team, please explore our current career opportunities.
As a Surface and Collid Chemist you will use surface and colloid science competency to improve understanding of complex multicomponent aqueous systems in pulp and papermaking. You will also develop novel chemical solutions for customer problems based upon that understanding.
Other role responsibilities:
- The scientist reviews patent and other literature in area of expertise.
- The scientist performs hazard reviews and maintains compliance with all lab safety requirements.
- The scientist plans, conducts, and analyzes data from laboratory experiments.
- The scientist documents and reports findings and recommendations to stakeholders.
- The scientist interacts with marketing, applications, and commercial teams to develop commercial evaluation plans.
- The scientist participates in commercial trials.
- The scientist works jointly with other team members and may direct the day-to-day activities of one or more technicians.
- M.S. minimum, Ph.D. preferred with surface and colloid chemistry concentration
- 5-10 years industrial research experience in surface/colloid science applications in aqueous systems, e.g. - pulp and paper, coatings, pigments, paints, wastewater treatment #LI-EN1