Liberty Mutual Surety has an excellent opportunity for a Surety Territory Manager responsible and accountable for driving profitable premium growth for our Transactional product lines. In this role, you are responsible for creating and managing productive relationships, rather than transactional sales, and will partner closely with our distribution partners, underwriters and agents to establish Liberty Mutual Surety as the carrier of choice for their miscellaneous commercial Surety business. You will use your strong B2B sales background and prior experience managing a broad, multi-state territory and book of independent Surety and/or P&C agents combined with technical proficiency to represent and train on automation portals. The selected candidate is preferably based in Seattle, WA or CA major metropolitan areas, Will also consider candidates based in Phoenix, AZ. Level of position and salary is based on prior experience and location.
Liberty Mutual Surety is a global operating division of Liberty Mutual Insurance. As the 2 nd largest and most admired Surety bond provider in the United States, we conduct business worldwide through fronting relationships and Liberty owned subsidiaries, with bonds issued in over 40 countries. We specialize in providing contract surety bonds for construction firms, manufacturers and suppliers, and commercial surety bonds for corporations and individuals on an account and transactional basis. We pride ourselves on our outstanding service to agents and customers throughout our field offices across the U.S., and in Mexico, Canada, Brazil, UK, Australia, Italy, Hong Kong, and Germany. We are committed to our value proposition of building mutually profitable relationships by providing smart business solutions, ease of doing business, and consistent, responsive service. Liberty Mutual is dedicated to the communities we serve and values highly a diverse workforce.
- Develop and maintain agency relationships within assigned region.
- Produce profitable premium volume sufficient to meet territory annual assigned objectives. Special emphasis on driving premium growth as the carrier of choice for agency partner's transactional commercial Surety business through automated systems (web and platform based automated bond tools such as eBonding. This includes new business premium growth, total written premium, retention and profitability.
- Through agency analysis, evaluates agencies and initiates action plans to identify and capitalize upon production opportunities and improve results within their assigned territory.
- Accountable for meeting agency visit and call objectives, both in person and phone, as well as delivery of training programs, and web-based presentations/demonstrations.
- Continually monitors key competitors within their assigned territory. Collects, analyze, and reports information pertaining to any changes in competitor activities that will impact the company's position in the territory. Develop and present possible actions to mitigate the impact and improve the company's position in the marketplace to management for consideration.
- Train, motivate, and assist agency personnel in implementing company-marketing programs and use of automated platforms to increase productivity and improve bottom line results. Coordinate training and implementation of company marketing programs to increase productivity and production. Continually drive improved agency productivity through personal visits, leading webinars, and proactively calling agency Customer Service Representatives, Office Managers, Producers and Agency Owners.
- May attend company sales meetings outside of Surety as well as product fairs to align with other product-line Territory Managers to launch joint marketing efforts.
- Develop a team relationship with field operations and National Bond Center underwriting. Provides reports to key stakeholders as directed. Maintain and utilize agency management tools, including commission and incentive plans, to reward high performing agencies. Develop tactical agency plans and manage assigned territory in order to generate expected territory results.
- Act as Surety field liaison with Personal & Business Lines Territory Managers to promote shelf space for surety products with P&C agencies.
- Utilize tools like Advantage, Workbench, Surety and Fidelity Association of America, as well as other internal and external sources to gather statistical data to develop tactical Sales plans and manage assigned territory in order to generate expected territory results.
- May provide reports regarding agency performance and status of sales plan execution to key stakeholders as requested.
- Maintain a satisfactory standard of expense control.
- In collaboration with the field, may be responsible for identifying and recommending agency appointments, submitting requests for appointments, managing, and terminating agencies within the assigned territory.
- Travel requirements generally involve agency visits a minimum of three to four days per week (up-to 75%) within a multi-state territory.
- Other duties may include; prospecting, recruiting and appointing qualified agencies that demonstrate a match for the company's products and services and that has committed to achieving the objectives negotiated in the annual plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred. A minimum of 3 years sales experience desired (B2B), with a proven track record of success and prior experience managing a book of Surety or P&C Agents (personal and/or commercial lines). Surety experience preferred
- Prior experience managing a book of agents within a multi-state territory strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of agency operations.
- Strong track record demonstrating business development expertise
- Proven track record of getting results and achieving assigned goals
- Ability to develop marketing plans.
- Ability to solve problems and make effective decisions
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral/written, communication skills, presentation skills, problem-solving abilities, negotiation, and effective decision making skills.
- High energy level and a strong ability to manage and maintain peer and business relationships with high degrees of integrity and trust.
- Strong time management skills, relationship building skills, and team building skills.
- Solid technical skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Able to adapt to new technology.
- Ability to engage a live audience through training efforts, both classroom and virtual. Prior experience leading webinar trainings preferred.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with team members.
- Ability to travel up to 75% overnight.
- Must have clean driving record.
- Able to work out of a home office.
- Resides in one of the following areas.
- Greater Seattle Area
- California metro Areas
- Greater Phoenix Area
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being.
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.