Under broad supervision, generate production from the agency force, increase the number of CNA Surety agents, public relations and project a professional corporate image with our agency force. This individual will ideally be based in Connecticut but could potentially be based out of New York City or Long Island. This will be a work from home position with travel throughout the territory.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Sell all CNA Surety products and services.
2. Responsible for selling, installation, and training agents in the use of agent automation services (bONdLINE).
3. Responsible for personally contacting all agents and prospects as outlined in the Marketing Representative's Procedure Manual (the manual) to create increased production.
4. Field and handle agents' complaints as outlined in the manual.
5. Identify all agents in the assigned territory with good commercial and contract bond business and appoint them or place them on the prospect list.
6. Actively pursue collections as outlined in the manual.
7. Keep management informed concerning competition so we can react to changes in the industry.
8. Active involvement in industry and agency associations to monitor industry activities that may affect Company operations.
9. Monitor and report on legislative activities that may affect the operations of the Company.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Solid knowledge of insurance industry practices.
2. Accounting or business-related experience.
3. Ability to produce outstanding sales results.
4. Strong interpersonal, communication and telephone skills. Ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners.
5. Creativity in resolving issues and problems.
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
2. Typically a minimum of three years experience in sales and/or marketing.