Supervisor, Wireless WODAT Operations will supervise a team of Technicians or Administrators in the operation and maintenance of switching, data communications, peripheral equipment associated with a Converged Mobile Telephone Switching Office (MTSO), Wireline Central Office, or Radio Network. Ensuring quality customer service, providing support to internal company groups, and responding to problems affecting our customer's experience.
Could be assigned to:
- Switch Operations team
- Data Operations team
Position's Customers: Provides support for internal GCI Departments as well as external GCI Wireless and Wireline customers.
Essential Duties of Position: This position requires to:
- Fully own the mission, goals, operations, and results of the department. This responsibility is non-delegable.
- Provide strong leadership to senior management team/s and direct reports. This includes generating enthusiasm and shared commitment; identifying and setting new directions; teaching, growing, and empowering; owning outcomes; and leading by example. This responsibility is non-delegable. Specific leadership duties include:
- Promoting the vision and tone for the department, consistent with company culture and mission;
- Providing clear goals and performance expectations.
- Hiring individuals who can accomplish those goals and meet those expectations, and providing them the open communications, training, tools, and mentoring they need to be successful and develop professionally, and a development path commensurate with capabilities and potential.
- Providing clear and accurate feedback to individuals and teams on a timely and consistent basis. Identifying and addressing performance problems early and effectively before they damage GCI's interests and demoralize other employees. These processes include annual performance reviews, compensation adjustments, promotions, demotions, transfers, and disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Review system performance statistics; ensuring appropriate actions are taken.
- Oversee/manage trouble tickets and network outage handling and documentation are current and accessible.
- Verify and coordinate order processing and resources (people & equipment) with internal departments.
- Supervise network modifications and projects while minimizing customer impact
- Oversee lead and direct the work of others, coach, mentor, and guide to success a group of
- professional and non- professional groups in the operation & maintenance of converged
- Switching networks or RAN network to ensure the departments goals and guidelines are
- followed and met.
- Responsible for hiring, leading, developing and managing the performance by those reporting to this position; establishes and communicates clear performance expectations; and makes recommendations for salary adjustments.
- Provide timely, accurate and thorough Performance and Salary Reviews for supervised employees and recommends and/or approves promotions, demotions, transfers or disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Responsible for the team's results.
Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Voice, Wireless Data or RAN Network Operation & Maintenance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business concepts such as cost estimating, team development and budget analysis.
- Detailed knowledge of, or the ability to quickly grasp, business practices within GCI.
- Ability to think independently to resolve technical and logistical issues.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required.
- Computer knowledge: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, and MS Outlook.
- Leadership Proven ability to lead a team to high levels of performance while maintaining morale and personal growth for employees in a union free environment. Ability to act as a positive mentor and coach to subordinates and instill a coaching environment in the organization.
- Financial skills Ability to support capital and operating budgets for the department. Familiar with reporting and tracking tools necessary to assure budget guidelines meet expectations.
- Analytical skills Demonstrated ability to analyze complex challenging problems and situations leading to optimal solutions.
- Communications skills Exhibits excellent oral and writing skills necessary to transmit technical information and concepts through various mediums such as reports, memos, individual/group discussions, and brainstorming sessions.
- People skills Demonstrated ability to manage performance through motivation and counseling of different levels of employees.
*This position has the following focus:
- Supervisor, Wireless Operations; with focus for WODAT - must have the following knowledge/skills and requirements in the above job description:
- Demonstrated experience working in a central office or data center environment with focus on servers, Cisco routers and switches
- Must be familiar with cellular data and Wi-Fi services
- Knowledgeable of QoS and IP routing protocols and their application in cellular data and Wi-Fi networks
- Demonstrated experience leading a diverse team through project completion and operational integration.
- Experience with process implementation as it pertains to cellular data and Wi-Fi services
- Minimum of six years' experience in wireless telecommunications to include two years in a supervisory or technical lead role is required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's Degree in electronics, telecommunications or relevant field required.
- In lieu of minimum qualifications required; a combination of relevant work experience and/or education sufficient to perform the duties of the job may be substituted to meet the total years required on a year-for-year basis.
- Certifications: Industry specific certifications are highly valued and may contribute contribution towards educational qualifications.