JOB SUMMARY: The Pharmacy Supervisor in conjunction with the Director of Pharmacy is responsible for the coordination and control of the Pharmacy Services throughout the hospital; maintenance of the policies and procedures that assure safe administration, control, storage and use of medications throughout the hospital. He / she serves as the PIC or acting PIC in the absence of the Director of Pharmacy, and is responsible for management of the Pharmacy staff; financial decisions including inventory control and the budgeting process; interactions with physicians and other departments concerning quality of care and education; ensuring that all licensing criteria are met and up to date; attend administrative meetings related to regulatory affairs; implement/change operations based on State and Federal regulations and any other functions concerned with patient care and operations of the Pharmacy consistent with policies and procedures of the hospital and State and Federal laws.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Current state Registered Pharmacist License.
2. B.S. degree in Pharmacy required
3. Doctor of Pharmacy or Master's Degree in Pharmacy or related field preferred.
2. 5 years of previous hospital pharmacy experience required.
3. Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
4. Experience with hospital pharmacy computer systems, spreadsheets, word processing programs, and other databases required.