Get ready to redefine what’s possible and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples’ lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Provide leadership and supervision in the conduct of security services at assigned facilities.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule, monitor and report on Security unit resources and activities
- Maintains and ensures effective operations of security management systems
- Maintain technical expertise in all of the major security functions
- Supervise security functions including:
- Develop and implement processes and products
- Assure that procedures are documented and followed
- Establish regular group meetings
- Scheduling, staffing, etc.
- Communicates and enforces security policies and procedures
- Set employee goals & objectives and provide reviews/feedback to staff regarding performance.
- Mentor and train less experienced Supervisors
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BS/BA in related field (Police Science/Criminal Justice) (May be waived in lieu of experience and Associates Degree)
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership abilities
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects
- Ability to effectively plan multiple assignments for timely and accurate completion.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of computers and related operating systems/software
- Skilled in written and verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated proficiency in delivering presentations
- Demonstrated ability to provide professional security services and to effectively lead during crisis situations.
- Skill in time management, planning and budgeting
- Advanced knowledge of computers and programs (e.g., Word, Excel, Microsoft Access, Outlook)
- Requires unquestionable customer service skills, meticulousness, and ability to be persistent while maintaining tact.
- Tactical Communications (Verbal Judo) or equivalent Certification
- Active member in a security related professional organization (ASIS, IFPO, ISMA) or equivalent
- FEMA ISC 100, 200, 700 & 800 course completion
- 1st Aid, CPR, AED certification
7 years experience in a related field including supervisory experience.