HVAC Supervisor will lead a team through delegation of work assignments and ensure that team members have the necessary resources to execute high quality work consistent with department standards.
Oversees and performs installations, repairs and maintenance of HVAC steam systems. Layout materials, assigns work and provides instructions to HVAC mechanics.
Repair and maintain heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems and equipment; performing a variety of services and skills, including repairing and maintaining related mechanical equipment, machines, facilities, and computers. Respond to all hospital emergencies.
STATUS: Full time
LOCATION: Rochester General Hospital
- 5-10 years of progressively more responsible work experiencerequired.
- AAS degrees or equivalent plus an additional 3 years of special training or equivalent.
- 5-10 years of practical trade training.
- EPA Refrigeration Certification.
- Communicates with departments, Engineering Mangers, HVAC mechanics to assure that work is accomplished efficiently and in accordance with codes and department standards.
- Directs, develops, trains and measures performance of HVAC mechanics
- Acquires materials and may maintain inventories for scheduled work.
- Maintain accuracy of records / or work orders and preventative maintenance.
- Responsible for changes and may make recommendations on hospital HVAC systems to conform with on-going energy conservation programs.
- Participates as an effective member of the Engineering Services management Team.
- Performs other duties requiring comparable skill and responsibility as directed.
- Preforms on-call shifts as scheduled and responds to hospital calls during off hours.