ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery®, Otis Spunkmeyer®, and Oakrun Farm Bakery®. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 26 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
Responsible for assisting the Maintenance Manager in the efficient maintenance of the facility and equipment. During the absence of the Maintenance Manager, the Assistant Chief Engineer will assume all responsibilities associated with the management of the engineering department. Primary advocate for safety and environmental standards of the bakery.
- Assists Maintenance Manager in maintain the facility and equipment in a safe and operational state of readiness at all times in order to meeting daily production requirements.
- Assists in the established preventative maintenance program which includes lubrication, inspections and engineering sanitation schedules to minimize production down time.
- Participates in the selection, training and development of the engineering department staff.
- Assists in the scheduling of engineering staff to supportschedules, production and non-production hours.
- Helps maintain the engineering department’s shop and equipment.
- Managing environmental and safety objectives including but not limited to, reporting, best practices, monitoring first aid, assist in injury investigations, safety committee, etc.
- Assists in purchasing and maintaining proper inventory levels of equipment spare parts.
- Consults with Maintenance Manager on long and short term improvement needs.
- Assists the Maintenance Manager in managing the engineering department within all policy and budgetary guidelines.
- Facilitates open communication with each subordinate and department head to ensure equipment problems are addressed on a timely basis.
- Assists in maintaining comprehensive and complete engineering records, including preventative maintenance manuals and capital expenditure requests.
- Contributes to the production of a consistent quality product through maintaining and updating facility engineering practices.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships and two-way communication with co-workers and other personnel throughout the Company.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Education – 14-16 years, plus industry related coursework, i.e., AIB
- Years of Experience – 10 + years as maintenance mechanic. 5 years leadership experience.
- Safety and environmental knowledge, including but not limited to, first aid, reporting, best practices, repairs, etc.
- Language Skills – None
- Computer/Software Skills – SAP, Excel, Outlook, ADP and E-time Systems, Microsoft Word, Power Point
- Travel requirements – 0-15% as needed