We are looking for an exceptional Business Intelligence Support Engineer for our Customer Support Services.Please note this position requires a level of clearance only available to US Citizens and Green Card holders.
A Day in The Life Typically Includes:
- Analyzing customer’s Business Intelligence product configuration & troubleshooting issues with deep analysis of data architecture, modeling, reporting and dashboards.
- Troubleshooting Star schema and Snowflake design models with a deep understanding of Data Warehousing concepts.
- Resolving data modeling issues for Birst customers.
- Troubleshooting and resolving complex SQL scripting issues.
- Troubleshooting application and database event logs, system Backup & Recovery, application Load balancing/clustering
- Managing multiple incidents & problems while working in high visibility situations
- Working independently and with minimal supervision to complete tasks and assignments as directed.
- Coordinating with internal product and hosting teams to ensure timely resolution of customer issues.
- Contributing to our ever-growing Knowledge Base Articles.
- Identifying and promoting opportunities to reduce the amount of direct support required through product improvements, training, online support, and self-service.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science
- Excellent analytical & logical problem-solving skills required.
- 2 to 6 years of experience with one or more Business Intelligence tools like Microstrategy, Business Objects, Cognos, OBIEE and QlikView.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in SQL with common RDBMS like SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, MySQL, Postgres etc.
- Ability to write and debug complex SQL
- Exposure to data modeling for data warehousing- star, snowflake schema designs
- Exposure to ETL, Data Integration tools like Informatica, Microsoft SSIS, Data Stage, Data Integrator, etc. is a plus.
- Knowledge of high availability & performance tuning techniques in SQL Server Administration is a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce.com (SFDC), CRM or SAP is a big plus.
- Knowledge of Windows architecture, HTML, XML and an understanding of the internet is a big plus.
- Ability to take leadership of issues and drive them to closure
- High energy, passion and drive for success.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, the ability to manage conflict, and scheduling flexibility
- Prior experience of working in a technical support environment is preferred.
- Willingness to work off hours as needed.