As the Northern California - Support Services Outside Sales Representative, you will be part of the Agilent Life Sciences and Applied Markets Group (LSAG) service sales team reporting to US West Labwide Services and Support Sales Manager.
In this critical sales role, you will utilize your expertise and technical knowledge of the Pharmaceutical, Chemical Analysis and other industries to manage accounts in Northern California. As a direct sales representative, you will be expected totravel and sell service solutions both face to face and indirectly (phone, email, etc.) In addition, you will be expected to proactively develop and implement a successful sales strategy to exceed quota and maintain customer loyalty. As an integral member of the North America Support Sales team, you will use your excellent sales track record to focus on maintaining and growing the existing contract base and acquire new customers from the existing installed base of customers.
- Travel and direct face to face selling to customers in assigned territory
- Representing Agilent LSAG to the customer in service sales-related activities
- Selling service contract solutions and programs to key decision makers (executives, department heads, and procurement) in assigned territory, industry, and accounts
- Collaborating closely with other Field Sales and Service Organizations todevelop and implement Account Plans for key and strategic accounts within territory
- Collaborating closely with the other Field Sales and Service Organizations, todevelop and implement Territory Sales Plan and strategies to grow and defend the overall services and cross organizational business
- Managing a business funnel and closing orders to achieve territory quotaScheduleFull-timeRequirements-BS/MS in Scientific, Engineering or Business discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years hands on laboratory or industry experience with instrumentation hardware, software, applications coupled with industry regulatory requirements such as (GLP, GMP, FDA) highly desired
- 3+ years sales experience with a demonstrated track record of success in projects or sales at major accounts highly desired
- Ability to translate the Value Proposition of service as a financial and operational benefit to meet customer needs
- Strong business development, sales negotiating, and sales closing skills
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and teamwork skills
- Outstanding presentation, planning and organizational skills
- High level knowledge of instrument support services business
- Computer literate with advanced skills using Microsoft suite of products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access) plus other IT systems
- Able to interface comfortably at high levels within the customer management structure
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to manage large volumes of data
- Must be available for up to 50% field travel
- Live in the territory -- San Francisco Bay area.