Plan & Design gas turbine engine maintenance equipment for the assembly, disassembly, inspection, repair, and test of Pratt & Whitney commercial engines. Must exercise a high degree of initiative and judgment in the design or modification of support equipment.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Analyze, plan and establish tool concepts & requirements for Maintenance Repair Overhaul (MRO) Operations
- Witness tool usage and make improvement recommendations to reduce TAT
- Represent the Commercial Support Equipment Team at MRO Tooling Improvement Team meetings
- Write instructions for tooling so users can understand the tool usage
- Develop tooling concepts for targeted maintenance to allow for reduced work scopes
- Witness operations to “qualify” tooling to ensure form, fit, & function meet requirements
- Collaborate with customer and supplier representatives to identify requirements and resolve maintenance equipment issues
- Support On-site tooling trials at MRO facilities as needed to ensure tooling meets requirements and functions as intended
- Ensure new tool and revision requests are collected and prioritized
- Developing conceptual definitions and designs
- Participating in Integrated Product Teams to help ensure Support Equipment designs can be produced, supported and maintained
- Manage outsourcing of design tasks with both local and low cost providers
Would you benefit from a better life balance?
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Employee Resource Groups:
The 9 ERGs have a collective mission of supporting P&W's recruitment, development, and retention efforts through workshops and events that promote personal/professional development, employee engagement, community involvement, and business value.
- All ERGs are open to all UTC employees, participation is voluntary
- ERGs strive to provide short and long-term professional and personal benefits to their members
- There are many other employee organizations at P&W, often more recreational in nature (e.g. jazz band and bicycling club).
We’re known for moving the world forward – building machines that run for hours, days and weeks without pause. But, people aren’t machines. This year, UTC updated the vacation policy to provide more vacation time sooner. You are eligible for up to 3 work weeks paid vacation days each of your first 9 years. This amount is prorated in your first year based on the month you start with the company.
Birth and Parental Leave:
As a mother or father you have time off options to consider while caring for and bonding with your child. UTC employees also enjoy up to 8 paid weeks of birth and adoption leave and 4 paid weeks for parental leave.
Employee Scholar Program:
We are celebrating the 20th anniversary of the ESP. We believe that individual and corporate success is motivated by lifelong learning so we enable employees to continue their higher education. We want to have the best-educated workforce in the world. ESP is one of the most comprehensive company-sponsored employee education programs in the world.
More than 45,000 employees have earned more than 38,000 degrees.
- 5+ years experience in Engineering
- US Citizenship required due to Federal contract regulations
- Able to interpret Engineering Drawings and work in the Teamcenter environment.
- Familiarity with manufacturing practices and jet engine build/maintenance procedures.
- Individual should know ASME geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Working knowledge of FEA tools.
Education: Bachelor's in Engineering
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 67878BR