At Tremor Video, we help advertisers deliver impactful brand stories across all screens through the power of innovative video technology combined with advanced audience data and captivating creative content. As one of the largest and most innovative video advertising companies, our offerings span the rapidly evolving realms of Connected TV (CTV), cross-screen video and programmatic media. Tremor Video is a Tremor International Company.
Tremor Video, a Tremor International Company, is seeking a support engineering guru for our real-time buying platform. We’re seeking a highly motivated self-starter with a good mix of interpersonal skills and technical know-how. You will work closely with internal operations teams and within the Engineering department. You will troubleshoot bidding and ad serving, build out business critical alerts and ad hoc tools, provide reporting, and contribute to continuous improvement of the entire technology platform.
Tools we like:
- Ruby, R, Python, SQL, bash, XML
- Charles Proxy, Postman, Vertica, MySQL Workbench or Sequel Pro
- SFTP, AWS S3
- Beeline, aws cli, redis-cli, MongoDB shell are nice-to-haves
- Tableau and Excel
- Provide support for internal users and either resolve or triage to the appropriate Tremor resource for resolution.
- Develop SQL queries to support automated and ad-hoc report development
- Build and maintain tools using scripting languages to diagnose complex problems and lead to quicker resolutions.
- Provide consultation and analysis services to non-technical staff
- Maintain positive communication in a timely manner and collaborate well with business users and team members
- Monitor certain ad server activities and make necessary adjustments
- On-call coverage via PagerDuty through a weekly rotation schedule to address business critical alerts or issues submitted by business user outside of business hours
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent practical experience
- Excellent critical analysis and data reasoning skills and are extremely detail oriented
- Hands-on experience with SQL
- Scripting languages, i.e. Ruby, Python and UNIX/Linux are essential
- Experience working with support ticketing systems, like JIRA
- Familiarity with Tableau, Java, Hive, APIs and strong Excel skills are a plus
- Ability to solve business user’s problems (simple to complex) with highly motivated technical expertise
- Ability to articulate complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences
- Exposure to digital advertising industry or video technology is a nice-to-have but not necessary
Here at Tremor International, we like to think outside the box, so if you don’t tick every one of these- don’t worry! We would rather see your application than risk missing out on your potential. We also know our strength comes from our differences and varied life experiences, so we are committed to the value of diversity and inclusion in all its forms.