- Become a technical expert on the Upwave platform.
- Work with developers and other Upwavers to solve difficult customer problems and debug code and running systems.
- Develop tools, processes, and documentation to scale Upwave’s technical and support operations.
You’d be great if:
- You’re proficient at reading and writing code in a few different languages and enjoy learning new languages and technologies.
- You’re a thoughtful, patient, and friendly communicator who enjoys writing.
- You have prior experience (or training) in software engineering or with building web apps or data pipelines.
- You’re able to work with a high degree of autonomy and limited supervision.
- You’re creative, determined, and not easily discouraged. You should enjoy the challenge of solving a tough bug, even if that means sitting and being confused and frustrated for a long time (until that satisfying moment when the solution snaps into place.)
- You like solving real-world business problems. Our clients use our data to make their businesses more effective, and you’ll help them use our tools to their full effect.
- You’re curious. You care about understanding the world around you and want to learn more about why it works the way it does.
- You’re the type who fixes problems instead of worrying about who’s responsible for fixing them. You own and take responsibility for your actions and your work and you want to build expertise in our systems and make a meaningful contribution to their stability.
- You believe that well-oiled, high-trust teams are more effective than the sum of their parts. You know that participating effectively in a team takes deliberate effort and compassionate, effective, and non-violent communication. Upwave works hard to foster a welcoming, inclusive climate where people feel safe and supported and actually want to work with each other. You’re comfortable being evaluated for what you add to the team, not just what you add to the codebase.