Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With more than 60,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100) and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Stride–and we’re just getting started. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Do you enjoy helping smart people overcome their technical issues? We are looking for a Support Engineer: an exceptional individual capable of delivering high-quality internal support to Atlassian cloud engineers, while identifying and helping in fixes for the weak spots in the platform, and pro-actively contributing to improving its adoption experience.
As the Platform Services Support Engineer, your core responsibilities will be to
- Be the first responder to both simple and complex internal support requests for our Platform Services: Triage incoming support requests or problem reports, either handling them or delegating them to the relevant engineer
- Work closely with developers across Atlassian to help them work through any issues they encounter as they use Platform Services
- Work closely with the Platform Services team to deeply understand the system
- Work closely with other SHIELDs in the company and industry to identify and adopt any applicable established best practices
- Debug deep into the core of the Platform Services and the guts of AWS to understand and fix failures
- Understand users pain points, spot patterns, suggest or implement improvements
- Perform contact rate analysis
- Monitor and report on contact rate: are things getting better or worse?
- Spot any trends, and suggest improvements to keep contact rate low
- Modify our services, processes and documentation to try and prevent the problems/questions from arising again
- Develop tools and processes to further automate and scale the support we provide to users.
- Strong verbal and written communication ability
- Analytical and systematic approach to problem solving
- Desire to help others with their technical problems, even if trivial or repetitive
- Desire to reduce redundant work and toil via process, code, and documentation improvements
- Deep technical curiosity
- Ability to read, understand and write Java and Python
- Knowledge of AWS services
- Knowledge of SQL, splunk.
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL and DynamoDB
- Experience with cloud platforms, and applications built on cloud platforms
- Experience with microservices architecture and 12-factor apps
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians are the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.