very employee at Microsoft is encouraged to be active participants in their chosen career path. We encourage a growth mindset and innovative ideas. We will work together to developdesiredskillsets and keep you moving forward in your career.
Microsoft offers Data Warehousing solutions both in the cloud and on premise capable of executing the most demanding, mission critical workloads for our customers. These solutions are commonly at the core of executive reporting and help our customers make impactful decisions about their business. These customers depend on our support engineering teams to provide effective and timely resolutions to any unexpected behavior they may encounter along the way.
- Represent Microsoft and communicate with corporate customers via telephone, written correspondence, or electronic service regarding technically complex escalated problems identified in Microsoft software products and manage relationships with those customers. Frequently, these problems will not only be technically complex, but will be politically charged situations requiring the highest level of customer focus skills.
- Receive escalated, technically complex mission critical or politically hot customer issues, and maintain ownership of issue until resolved completely.
- Engage & coordinate resources from other product support teams as needed to resolve complex, multi-product customer issues.
- Represent Microsoft professionally during customer engagements.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of products and report software bugs and customer product enhancements to the Product Group.
- Write complex technical articles, sample scripts and diagnostic rules to improve engineer and customer product knowledge and supportability.
- May act as technical focal point in cooperative relationships with other companies.
As a Support Engineer you will have the following impact:
- 70% Deliver solutions for customer reported incidents for cloud and on-premise data warehouse technologies.
- 10% Generate feedback to be used in enhancing product and service capability & reliability.
- 20% Improve the supportexperience by contributing to enhancements to tooling and troubleshooting process.
- 3 years’ experience designing, supporting or maintaining complex mission critical database solutions
- Experience supporting Azure or other cloud-based solutions
- Competency with RDMS technologies and SQL language
- Strong troubleshooting skills of complex technical issues involving multiple technologies
- Competency with Windows, networking, Active Directory, Clustering or virtualization
- Experience managing applications and services through PowerShell
- Effective communicator of complex technical issues
- Collaborative and inclusive mindset
- Strong ability to lead, perform, and deliver results in high pressure situations with multiple parties involved
- 4-yeardegree in STEM field OR equivalent work experience
- Experience with C#, Python, and bash scripting
- Knowledge of BI integration tools such as Informatica, Power BI, Tableau
- Knowledge of orchestration applications such as SSIS, Azure Data Factory
- Microsoft certifications in data platform or Azure technologies
- Experience troubleshooting distributed solutions