We are looking for Support Engineer (Civil Engineering) for our client in Atlanta, GA
Job Title: Support Engineer (Civil Engineering)
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- The candidate will be responsible for providing internal and external customer support, performing QA checks of survey data, integrating third party software into the Department’s CADD environment, developing technical documents, and developing and conducting software training sessions as needed.
- This work is performed predominantly in an office setting.
- The chosen individual will be part of dynamic team of engineering professionals who provide software support for the various civil engineering software utilized by the Department.
- Limited overnight travel may be needed as part of these duties.
Minimum requirements (A) :
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or closely related field
- 5 years’ work experience in civil or transportation engineering, roadway design, or bridge design. Professional Engineer license may substitute as proof of experience.
- Demonstrated experience with civil engineering software.
- Possess the ability to learn quickly and retain knowledge without repeated instruction and be detail oriented
- Possess the ability to work independently with minimal instruction and supervision
Minimum requirements (B):
- Documented Bentley InRoads and/or MicroStation experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of GDOT survey feature codes
- Demonstrated knowledge of GDOT Survey Processing Guidelines
- Knowledge of GDOT Electronic Data Guidelines (EDG)
- Knowledge of GDOT Plan Presentation Guide (PPG)
- Knowledge of GDOT civil design standards