Bugcrowd is the world's #1 crowdsourced security company. Our award-winning platform combines actionable, contextual intelligence with the skill and experience of the world's most elite hackers tohelp leading organizations solve security challenges, protect customers, and make the digitally connected world a safer place.
The Bugcrowd Support Team is looking for a talented and motivated Support Engineer to join our team - working a unique and thriving marketplace that simultaneously works with both B2B clients (Tesla, Atlassian, Intercom, etc.) and our ever-growing base of freelance Security Researchers.
The Bugcrowd Support Team is the initial point of contact for both Researchers and Program Owners for all questions, issues, and escalations regarding interactions on, and usage of the Bugcrowd platform. An ideal candidate is someone who enjoys helping people succeed with technology, isn't afraid tosuggest improvements in practices and products, and also has endless patience. They should love tolearn, be able to context switch quickly and effectively, easily and be able to communicate withempathy at all times - with a preferred focus on helping us support the global security community!
What you'll be Escalating:
- Technical platform issues to Engineering.
- Program issues to the appropriate teams in Program Operations or Account Management.
- Submission issues to the correct Application Security Engineers.
- Platform improvements or documentation needs to Product.
- Provide quick, concise, and empathetic support to our client and user base through multiplechannels: tickets, email, and (occasionally) video chat, on a variety of subjects ranging from technical implementation to payment support, etc.
- Become an expert in all things Bugcrowd: providing ground-level support as well as proactively looking for areas of improvement in our product suite, procedures, and the company as a whole.
- Managing escalations: providing coaching as well as incident management as needed.
- Documentation maintenance/management: for both internal use, as well as supporting customer and researcher needs.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage changing/competing priorities while maintaining composure and flexibility in an ever-changing environment.
- Experience supporting SaaS solutions, preferably in the security space.
- Grit. We don't have all the answers, but you'll need to find them.
You'll need to be conversant in:
- General web concepts (http, web applications, etc).
- Integrations (JIRA, SAML, API).
- Incident/Crisis Management.
- Web application security concepts (e.g. OWASP Top Ten).
- Moderate proficiency in scripting languages is a plus!.
- We regularly hear from both customers and researchers that Bugcrowd feels like a family, and we strive to maintain that internally as well.
- Our team consists of a broad range of people: musicians, adventure sports junkies, nature lovers, parents, cereal enthusiasts, night owls, cyclists, artists—you get the point.
- We use an agile development methodology, but we're not dogmatic about it. It's meant toempower, not impose.
- Bugcrowd was founded in Australia, so expect a few Aussies here in SF, as well as our Sydney office. Vegemite's in the kitchen, but not mandatory.
- We come from all over though: there are 24 different flags currently hanging in the office representing our countries of origin.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Features ship to users every single day. We deploy multiple times daily.
- Catered lunches and breakfasts twice a week.
- Cool office in one SF's historic buildings right by the Embarcadero and Exploratorium.
- Regular Hackathons.
- Opportunities to attend relevant conferences.
- Flexible vacation time.
- Exceptional medical, dental & vision coverage.
- Generous allowance to build your ideal work station (think standing desks, killer displays, souped-up laptops, and mechanical keyboards).
- Company-sponsored off-sites and celebrations.
- Catered breakfast & lunches from local vendors to satisfy your inner foodie.
- Endless snacks and beverages to keep your brain juices flowing.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.