The Support Engineer role puts you in a high-exposure support position assisting our enterprise customers and resolving technical issues with our software solutions. Working with your colleagues, developers, product managers, and account managers, you will have the opportunity to develop your technical and leadership skills through continuous learning opportunities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Becoming an expert in our product suite and working hands-on with Microsoft technologies – including SharePoint, Office 365, Azure, SQL Server, Window Server, and IIS. Supporting our customers by providing solutions that resolve and simplify complex technical issues in the Microsoft Cloud. Analyzing and troubleshooting software issues through the use of internal logging and development resources.
- Utilizing your knowledge of our software to deliver effective resolutions and answers to customer issues and inquiries. Becoming a trusted customer advocate by ensuring we are prompt and professional with all engagements, whether by phone or email. Helping customers maximize their use of our products by overcoming any challenges throughout implementation and general use.
- Serving as the support contact for customers – regularly connecting via phone, email, and remote sessions
- Analyzing complex issues by reviewing product-specific logs and utilizing root cause analysis skills
- Overseeing interdepartmental collaboration to help ensure prompt delivery of customer requests
- Contributing to public-facing articles based on found issues in our software
- Learning about our technology – including release updates and new products – through on-the-job training and education
OK, I’m interested… is this the job for me?
You’re the main point of contact for support for our customers, which means you have strong problem solving and customer service skills. You are also a team player who thrives on working collaboratively with both internal and external teams.
Other qualities that you’ll need to be a fit for this role include:
- BA/BS Degree in an IT related field (Computer Science majors are preferred, but not required)
- 2 to 5 years of technical software support or help desk experience (preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a highly collaborative team environment
- Commitment to continuous education and drive to stay up-to-date with the latest technologies
- Strong interest or experience with Microsoft technology stack (including SharePoint, Office 365, Azure, Windows Server, SQL Server, and IIS)