Mid-level support team member, working as part of a global team to support and maintain a 22-hour trading system. Candidate should have 3-5 years’ work experience, preferably in the Financial Services industry. Requires full understanding of the system architecture, applying/suggesting bug fixes, developing new tools for system monitoring and reporting, and working with the internal business to identify and resolve issues. The role offers end-to-end understanding of a complex online bond trading platform. They will get to know the architecture inside out.
Responsibilities will include:
• The development of system instrumentation and monitoring tools.
• The provision of extremely high levels of availability for the production, demonstration and test systems.
• Resolution of any problems in these systems in a timely and professional manner.
• Experience supporting an existing large system to very high levels of availability, ideally of financial and especially trading systems is desirable.
• As this is a support role, ideal candidate should prefer working on an existing system as opposed to developing from scratch.
• In this role you will be very proactive and be able to understand the business needs and prioritize work accordingly.
• The team works very closely, and it is a high pressure mission critical production environment.
• Candidate in this role requires good communication skills as they will be dealing with internal customers on a regular basis.
• In this role you will be required to be flexible regarding work schedule, including evening and occasional weekend duties.
• Four-year degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
• 3 or more years of object-oriented development experience (ideally Microsoft Visual C++)
• Relational Database experience
In addition, you should have:
• A structured, methodical approach.
• A delivery-focused attitude.
• The ability to work within a team environment – be a team-player.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
• Fixed income market knowledge would be a plus