On Point Technology, LLC
Position: Support and Software Engineer
On Point Technology is a private software company employing technology enthusiasts who deliver services and commercially available web-based software products in support of state workforce agencies.
This position reports to the On Point Technology Systems Architecture Manager. As a software engineer working on support and development, you will have the opportunity to work on the latest DevOps and software development technologies. In this position, you will be able to:
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical business groups
- Hands-on ability with both on-premises and cloud-based infrastructure
- Working knowledge and hands-on skills working with AWS cloud-based technologies.
- Strong hands-on ability to code and debug JAVA-based code and applications.
- Strong working knowledge of coding using secure communication protocols.
- Work with software architects and team leads to design and code solutions that meet business needs.
- Cloud-based security concepts and implementations.
- Self-motivated individual that can work with minimal supervision with a keen eye toward customer delivery.
- Working knowledge of a variety of software components, such as MS-SQL, My-SQL, IIS, Docker, Windows, Unix, scripting languages, AWS, etc.
- Well-versed in design patterns and software architecture and knows when to apply what design patterns.
- General understanding of execution environment and computer network.
- 5 years building applications with OOD, MVC, Spring/Spring Boot, jBPM, ESB, rules engine, JMS, Hibernate, JPA, Java, Relational DB, , Linux, Windows Server, Tomcat, SQL Server, MySQL, Shell scripting, Python/Pyspark, and Jenkins
- Basic AWS (ECS, ALB, S3, EC2)
- Experience in Agile environment and delivering software iteratively throughout the project lifecycle.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (QA, business analysts, subject domain experts, and project managers)
- Experience in migrating software to a different platform.
- Experience in estimating development work.
- Strong communication skills internally and externally
- Strong ability to break assignments down into smaller tasks and estimate efforts.
- Ability to work to design solutions based on customer constraints and guidelines.
- Ability to articulate design to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to conduct research into new technologies.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies.
AWS Cloud Practitioner certified
Diversity & Inclusion
On Point Technology strives to attract and retain the best people and provide an environment where they can all develop professionally and build a rewarding career. As a result, we have an environment rich in diversity that acknowledges everyone’s uniqueness, values his or her skills and contributions, and promotes respect, personal achievement, and stewardship.
On Point Technology employees may participate in a variety of benefit programs and make choices based on individual needs and interests.
An employee’s compensation package may include:
- Healthcare Benefits (Medical, Prescription Drugs, Dental, and Vision)
- Wealth Accumulation (401K Savings Plan and Transaction Bonus Plan)
- Income Protection Plan (Life and Disability Coverage)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare and Dependent Custodial Care)
- Paid Time Off
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Benefit Waiver Allowance
Title: Support and Software Engineer
Required Education: BS in Computer Science or similar
Required Experience: 5+ Years.
Manage Others: No
Company: On Point Technology, LLC
Employee Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Based on Experience
Travel Requirements: 25% travel
Relocation Covered: No