Summary and Essential Duties
The Supply Planning Manager will lead an assigned Supply Planning team and is responsible for the execution of our Supply Chain fulfillment strategies, including aspects of supplier management, day to day buying / purchasing activities, spotting and exploiting emerging market trends and generally ensuring the highest possible service levels to our customers while leveraging our enterprise inventory efficiencies.
- Lead, coach and develop a team of high performing Supply Planners
- Meet established Inventory level requirements measured by days on hand or similar metrics
- Effectively communicate with branch management teams to achieve desired results and alignment
- Identify areas to reduce costs and drive efficiencies through optimization of sourcing, vendor management, opportunity buys, commodity purchases and freight optimizations
- Leverage analytical insights to improve customer fill rates and inventory efficiency
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Analytics, Supply Chain or other related field
- Master’s degree in applicable fields is preferred
- 10 or more years of Supply Chain experience
- 2 plus years of experience leading a team of supply planners/analysts
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in industry best practices
- Ability to lead, train and coach direct reports
- Industry certifications from APICS and / or CSCMP are Preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Preferred
- Must have a strong working knowledge of purchasing and business intelligence software and demonstrated expertise in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.