Requisition ID: 3108
Built on talent, technology, and trust, Grace is a leading global supplier of catalysts and engineered materials. The company’s two industry-leading business segments—Catalysts Technologies and Materials Technologies—provide innovative products, technologies, and services that enhance the products and processes of our customers around the world. Grace employs approximately 3,900 people in over 30 countries.
Join the Game Changers at W.R. Grace and showcase your Supply Planning experience. We're hiring a Supply Planning Lead to perform a critical role in our cross-functional, integrated planning and decision-making process – managing, coordinating, and communicating supply projections that are derived from commercially-oriented demand projections to ensure superior service to customers and predictability of business performance. Responsibilities include the following:
- Lead the tactical development and execution of a rolling 18-month supply plan.
- Detail tactical, weekly-level supply plans and coordinate execution with operations.
- Coordinate with Strategic Supply Planners to align tactical supply plans that include weekly details with strategic supply plans that describe monthly projected supply targets for a rolling 18-month planning horizon.
- Work with Operations to develop and maintain effective Plant Product Wheels.
- Maintain feasible tactical Supply Plans that reflect manufacturing capabilities, link to detailed execution schedules, and are adjusted for operational dynamics.
- Accountable for ensuring the on-time and on-budget delivery of products to customers; minimize penalties/charge-backs, unnecessary logistics costs and order cancellations
- Serve as the key contact for operational requests: shipment prioritization, customer inquiries, inventory requests, and problem resolution
- Manage production and inventory decisions in collaboration with Strategic Supply Planners, Demand Planning Leads, and Sales Ops Leads.
- Review daily-level production, procurement, and distribution/logistics plans, including all nodes in the supply chain.
- Monitor constraints and work with Operations to develop mitigation plans to align manufacturing and supply capabilities with strategic supply plans and demand.
- Ensure compliance to policies, including lead times, time fences, and frozen periods.
- Coordinate inbound and outbound operations, including transportation from suppliers and receiving inventory to all fulfillment activities, warehousing and transportation to customers.
- Oversee order acceptance and processing, accounting for all constraints in the supply chain, including all suppliers, manufacturing facilities, distribution centers, and other customers.
- Must have strong communication and customer service skills
- Understanding of Supply Planning and Operations
- Ability to lead/manage within the matrix organization and influence without authority
- Sense of urgency and bias towards action
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Able to identify and analyze opportunities for improving financial drivers throughout supply chain
- B.S. degree, preferrable in Supply Chain or a related field
- 7+ years’ Supply Planning experience
- Experience in an operations role
- APICS Certification (CSCP)
Grace is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Grace via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Grace. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Grace as a result of the referral or through other means.