The Master Planner will generate the 3-24 month global, balanced demand/supply plans aligned with the manufacturing strategy optimizing all assets and resources (internal and external) to deliver business objectives associated with on time delivery, competitive customer lead times, profitability and inventory.
- Accountable for creating an optimized, balanced 24-month global supply/inventory plans (mid-term planning) across a network of facilities that meets demand requirements from the S&OP/IBP process.
- Responsible for master aggregate manufacturing plans for multiple manufacturing facilities with inclusion of outsourced/outside services capacities. Collaborates with operations managers, value stream managers, production planners, category managers, senior supply chain specialists and demand planner to optimize plans.
- Develops and utilizes rough-cut capacity planning analysis and business policies to govern production plans and global inventory strategies – accountable for monitoring and maintaining inventories within business agreed upon levels and quality.
- Responsible for devising a global master plan controlling the physical distribution of the right finished product to the right location at the right time in the right quantity to meet the stated customer service levels while maintaining appropriate inventory levels, aligned with manufacturing strategy and reformulation requirements.
- Responsible for translation and incorporation of all future value requirements into the global master plans.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of the master scheduling process and performance.
- Responsible for the coordination with Sourcing the Supply Chain to align procurement strategies/detail plans with planning and manufacturing master aggregate schedules resulting in the reliable, timely availability of sourced materials to achieve master plan requirements.
- Coordinate with Delivering the Supply Chain to optimize warehouse and logistics requirements, capacities, and utilization.
- Coordinates the multi-functional aspects of global supply issues and demand/supply imbalances to resolution.
- Orchestrates any supply constraints within the business.
- Owner and/or facilitator of the supply review elements of the S&OP process
- Develop and measure key performance indicators to track and evaluate aggregate supply plans to assist in assessing the effectiveness of the supply planning process aiming towards continuous improvement
- Develop governing processes for prioritization of supply.
- Collaborate with demand planning on optimized inventory stocking strategies to achieve desired OTD and inventory goals.
- Prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to the supply planning process
- BS degree in Supply Chain Management or related field
Skills and Experience
- 8+ years related experience, including working knowledge of supply planning/forecasting process. Preference given to candidates who have exposure to a mature SIOP process environment and/or have helped implemented integrated supply chain processes
- Knowledge of manufacturing and supply chain interfaces required.
- Ability to access and network globally across sites and teams to gain or share knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize and manage multiple, complex, time-sensitive projects
- Demonstrated skill in leadership, team building and achieving results through influence and negotiation
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Must work well in both self-managed and team environments
- Self-management skills with strong initiative.
- Demonstrated skill to diagnose and solve problems.
- Ability to develop data-driven solutions.
- Provide leadership skills and able to listen to team members' input to make recommendations aligned with production and business goals.
- APICS CPIM and Six Sigma certifications preferred
- Proficient with SAP and Microsoft Office suite of applications, particularly Excel