Who is Domtar Personal Care?
Personal care is not just our business. It’s Personal. It’s a child, a loved one; it’s often about those that can’t help themselves. Caring for them can only be personal. So Personal Care isn’t our category; it’s our calling, our mission. We imagine the solutions that make caring for babies’ skin, and preserving dignity and independence easier and more affordable for everyone. At Domtar, we believe everyone deserves personal care.
To be a global leader in absorbent hygiene by meeting consumers’ diverse needs through effective, affordable and widely available person care solutions.
We champion health, dignity and comfort
We serve consumers and caregivers wherever they access personal care, through healthcare, retail and direct channels. We create value through our innovative solutions and achieve cost efficiency through operational scale, flexibility and the use of technology.
We are looking for a world class Warehouse Supervisor for our Delaware OH Manufacturing Plant.
The Supply Manager will provide the direction, oversight and leadership to fully maximize and effectively provide the correct supply of products to our customers by promoting Safety, Quality, Service, Cost, and People Development.
The Supply Manager is responsible for the transportation of raw materials and/or finished goods, vendor communication and distribution of supplies as needed, and inventory control. Supply Manager will plan, organize, direct, and control the activities of warehouse operations and coordinate with operations to assure compliance to budgets and maintaining customer service goals by using all necessary resources.
Principle Accountabilities/Key Duties:
- Manages multiple functions within an organization's logistics department and provides warehousing direction to support mission statement: To safely deliver quality, cost-effective products on time – every time by building effective partnerships with our customers, our suppliers, and our teammates… realizing that how we operate today is not good enough for tomorrow.
- Maintain a safe working environment by insisting that all employees work safely.
- Responsible to satisfy customer demand by assuring compliance to customer’s on time shipment, meeting or exceeding their case service requirements
- Attends various meetings on new programs and product development managing needs to coordinate efforts between departments, Ensures healthy capacity utilization for plant and warehouse operations
- Develop and continually improve employee skills by providing proper training, coaching and direction to improve overall operations.
- Provide constant feedback and support to all Company support groups to maintain efficient operations.
- Makes recommendations to planning group on Safety Stocks, Reorder Points, and MOQ
- Coordinates shutdowns and startups with customers, Customer Service and operations maximizing operational efficiency
- Coordinate efforts against customer constraints between warehouse, manufacturing, purchasing, and scheduling
- Review and alert supply risks for the next rolling months
- Assist in coordination of new packaging and RM conversions with warehouse and operations
- Validate compliance with purchasing procedures
- Oversees warehouse operations Support functions of annual physical inventory
- Lead development of warehouse annual budget detail
Leadership / Management Responsibilities:
- Partner with all support groups to optimize efficiencies.
- Selects and maintains qualified personnel in all positions.
- Works to reduce waste and stream line recycle efforts to minimize landfill and maximize revenues as compared to costs
- Solicits input from team and implements changes based on “Best Practices” approach
- Identifies training needs, initiates development of subordinates and takes necessary personnel action.
- Ensures that duties, responsibilities, and authority and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of ten years of experience leading various operational disciplines in a manufacturing and or warehouse environment with demonstrated results for Profit/Loss Responsibility and measurable evidence of continuous improvement.
- Degree or experience in area of specialty and years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Experience at various levels of leading cross functional departments and managing both Salaried and Hourly work-forces.
- Excellent demonstrated leadership skills.
- Sound administrative skills with well-developed management skills.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing with demonstrated use of the tools / principles with quantifiable results.
- Masters Degree
- APICS certification
- Lean Manufacturing certification
Job ID #: 1549