NTT DATA Corporation is a top 10 global services company and part of the NTT Group, a Fortune 29 telecommunications and services company based in Japan. We operate with 60,000 professionals in 36 countries. Every day around the world we help clients explore new ways to respond to market dynamics with flexibility and speed, reduce costs with less risk, and increase productivity to enable growth.
We are currently seeking a Managing Director to join our Supply Chain Transformation practice.
In this role you will contribute to the growth of the practice in a variety of ways including:
- Define and develop practice offerings, create go-to-market materials including determining where and how to compete to enable practice growth
- Actively participate in defining the portfolio of projects within the Supply Chain practice
- Leverage internal (e.g. sales teams) and external (e.g. personal networks, professional networks, analysts) channels to identify clients where our services may provide significant business value and help create multi-million-dollar relationships
- Create/identify opportunities within existing and new clients using visionary industry knowledge, intellectual capital, background in potential problem areas, knowledge of upcoming regulatory or market changes to create engagement opportunities
- Estimate sales potential, identify key clients, identify collaboration opportunities with other NTT Data BUs, actively lead pursuits and contribute to the business planning of the group
Client Relationship Management:
- Build and maintain professional relationship with senior and C-level client executives and expand professional network in client organizations
- Ability to speak on behalf of the client`s best interests, and countering views of the client executives if necessary
- Anchor new and existing client accounts, and interfacing on engagement-level client concerns
- Lead teams to prepare large proposals and program plans, facilitate differentiators (e.g. specific consulting frameworks, intellectual property etc.), articulate value proposition, review and fine tune the financials, and lead proposal presentations in order to create a compelling proposition for the client to engage NTT Data
- Analyze the probability of winning the deal & the criticality of the deal, as well as appropriately prepare for negotiations on terms and conditions of the engagement with the client, and obtain confirmation and approval from all internal stakeholders to ensure timely and smooth closure of the deal
- Lead engagement planning, budgeting, resource mobilization and deliverable definition
- Lead project launch to ensure that the engagement is kicked off smoothly
- Review the progress periodically with the team as well as the client, appropriately intervene in critical situations, and guide the team to address critical issues to ensure that the client realizes the business value articulated at the time of the deal closure
- Actively participate in project governance including Steering Committee and Strategic Business Review sessions
- Build high morale and a highly effective teams and position programs for success
- Develop practice service offerings, solutions, and methodologies
- Develop point of views (POVs) and speak at events such as supply chain conferences, establishing self as an industry thought leader
- Author multiple articles that advance the quality of supply chain services
- Mentor others to actively publish in supply chain periodicals
Recruitment & People Management:
- Demonstrate the ability to attract, retain and develop top consulting talent and the next generation of NTT Data Consulting leaders
- identify upcoming skill needs and potential sourcing pools, interview candidates, influence a favorable perception of NTT Data as an employer, and decide on offer details to ensure that the practice has the appropriate skills required
- Perform the role of counselor and coach, provide feedback and guidance, actively participate in performance reviews, provide leadership and act as role model for team members
- M.B.A or Master’s in Supply Chain Management, Engineering or equivalent advanced degree
- a minimum of 10 years of equivalent management consulting experience in a leadership capacity
- a minimum of 12 years of experience working directly in or serving clients in the supply chain management space
- minimum of 5 years of Supply chain experience in one or more of these areas – Order Management, Inventory Management, Distribution, Operations, Warehousing, Transportation, and Reverse Logistics
- minimum of 10 years of experience in one or more of the following Industry sectors Hi-Tech, Manufacturing, Consumer Products, Telecommunications, Healthcare and/or Life Sciences sector
- Ability to travel 75%+ once Covid restrictions are lifted.
- Prior experience meeting or exceeding a sales target and/or managed revenue target
- Cross-industry experience vs single industry focus
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to effectively resolve conflict and exercise mature judgement
- Ability to work independently to drive towards performance targets including sales and utilization targets
- Strong oral and written communications skills, including presentation skills (development of the presentation and executive-level presenting)
- 15 years of leadership experience, with strong sales/relationship management/account management experience with an industry or service offering focus.
- Wide variety of IT and business consulting engagement experience; experience managing large multi-location consulting engagement teams is desirable.