Our client is a global Consumer Products Leader looking to transform their Supply Chain capability for the future. We are looking for a strategic Supply Chain Technology Innovation Leader to help them lead that change.
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain Technology, the Supply Chain Technology Innovation Leader will guide the implementation and operation of Distribution capabilities in their Supply Chain that are critical to meeting current and future customer and consumer expectations of service, speed, quality, and capacity. The role will partner with multiple cross-functional technology and business stakeholders and ensure that technology solutions and operations perform to the company's demanding standards.
The ideal candidate will have Supply Chain technology and innovation experience in a large-scale retaildistribution environment and is adept at leading teams, ensuring stakeholders are involved and engaged in decision-making and able to provide strategic direction on improving and enhancing Distribution capability for the future.
The successful candidate will work closely with senior-level cross-functional teams, manage conflicting priorities and perspectives when considering technology and innovation solutions and understand cost components of such changes. Exceptional communication and team leadership skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and initiatives with a focus on the future are critical.
Technology Strategy and Implementation
- Provide technology direction, planning, and accountability of all technology designs and implementations for a new Distribution Center.
- Own end-to-end technology solutions development in a scaled, Agile environment across many product-based teams to create the right technology-based capabilities to operate supply chain and product distribution at a scaled capacity with expected levels of service, speed, quality.
- Plan & guide technology budgets including the development & implementation of plans to hit bold productivity targets
- Champion sustainable and stable day to day operations across all Distribution Center technology functions
Change, Communication and Team Leadership
- Engage with stakeholders in supporting and implementing Lean Distribution Center processes with the Distribution Center learning center.
- Boost key stakeholder engagement via continuous and effective communication with peers, partners, team members, and customers
- Work effectively across the organization to ensure effective implementation of supply chain technology initiatives and support on many integrated efforts
- Provide leadership and direction in goal setting, coaching, staffing, and motivating a team of technology team members
- Take accountability for delivering on team commitments; own mistakes and use them as opportunities for learning and development
Lean Process Improvement, Data, Metrics and Standards
- Apply lean methodology in complex processing systems to reduce waste and improve results
- Implement a comprehensive, data-driven approach with tangible metrics that facilitate action and align to business impact
- Embrace standards such as Information Technology Information Library (ITIL) to optimize resource allocation and customer experiences, while encouraging improvements to those processes.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS / STAKEHOLDERS:
- Head of Supply Chain Technology
- Distribution Campus General Manager
- Internal Supply Chain, IT and Engineering team members
- External Technology Partners and Suppliers
Builds, leads and directs a Supply Chain technology innovation team. The position is accountable to various internal leadership stakeholders, is responsible for collaborating with, developing and mentoring internal colleagues and team members and for working effectively with external partners and suppliers.
Onsite location-based role in Memphis, Tennessee.
RELOCATION ELIGIBILITY: Full relocation provided for non-local candidates
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 20% nationally and internationally
POSITION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Supply Chain Management or closely related area.
8+ years of Supply Chain technology solution and implementation experience in a large-scale Retail Distribution environment
- Demonstrated leadership in tackling multiple, complex issues to create effective and long-lasting solutions, guiding and advising stakeholders.
- Expertise in implementing and supporting large-scale enterprise technology supply chain solutions.
- Experience creating packaged and custom solutions using distributed product-based teams & release trains.
- In depth knowledge of WMS, WCS, and MHE system capabilities
- Excellent knowledge of common corporate scale data integration technologies
- Familiarity with Digital (.com) systems, distributed order management and omni-channeldistribution models
- Prior experience with SAP and Manhattan Warehouse Management System
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure technologies.
- Knowledge of order-to cash process and related ERP system capabilities
5+ years of progressive experience guiding and managing technical teams.
- Experience developing (Manager and above level) teams to produce meaningful results on highly visible and strategically meaningful work.
- Demonstrated leadership excellence regarding team management and organizational evolution, strategic planning, financial planning, budget management, and vendor management
Communication and Influencing Skills:
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to clearly communicate with VP-level leadership, business stakeholders, and technology teams
- Ability to engage with senior technology and business leaders on strategy as well as cultivate clarity and closure to high profile, mission critical situations
- Ability to create clear documentation and effectively present to stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Excellent relationship-building skills at all levels of the organization.
- Savvy influencing skills and ability to gather alignment to organizational strategies
Experienced with data and analytics and command of reporting, metrics, and data visualization platform and solutions to help the business measure and plan for improvement.
Demonstrated Lean and Agile methodology experience within a distribution center or manufacturing facility.
Demonstrated record working in a highly matrixed and cross-functional environment, guiding people and teams within a scaled Agile framework
Skilled in directing teams comprised of direct reports, cross-functional teams, stakeholders and 3rd parties. Demonstrated experience managing vendors and leveraging external partners
- Innovator - someone with the passion and discipline to get sustainable results from many teams.
- Self-motivated – able to drive results with minimal direction
- Forward Thinker - able to envision and consider the future state while still balancing the practicalities of the immediate constraints.
- Complex Problem Solver - Able to solve complex problems in complex and loosely defined contexts.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Company will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS INFORMATION:
- Target base salary range: Competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Variable Pay: 20% annual company performance bonus target + additional profit sharing performance bonus after 1 year
- Other Incentives: Stock options
- Benefits: Excellent benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, STD & LTD insurance, 401-K match, tuition reimbursement, product discounts, etc.