Apache Corporation is one of the world's leading independent oil and gas producers. The company has a six-decade record of profitable growth, and is differentiated by its #1 position around the world, entrepreneurial culture and deep operational focus.
The Strategic Sourcing Lead will be responsible for leading and managing the development of Strategic Sourcing processes and analyses to procure goods and services that deliver "best value" (meet required quality and service levels, at the lowest total cost in the market) results. This role develops Sourcing strategies with a focus on higher level, strategic thought processes and activities involving long range planning, forecasting, and support of complex contract negotiations for critical, high spend categories. Interacts with Apache’s regions to maximize opportunities and ensure agreement and buy-in of operations. Must have analytical and problem solving skills as well as the ability to work in a team-based environment and drive project schedules.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Follow the Apache strategic sourcing process and produce high-quality deliverables in support of the Strategic Sourcing Supervisor, Key Stakeholders and Category Leads.
2. Develop detailed assessment of Apache’s internal needs for critical goods and services including future growth plans.
3. Create robust supply market analyses and detailed should cost models to uncover cost reduction opportunities and support execution of strategic sourcing events.
4. Keep abreast of leading sourcing practices and tools within the broader field of Supply Chain Management and apply as part of Apache sourcing events.
5. In consultation with Strategic Sourcing Supervisor and key Stakeholders, identify sources of supply market intelligence and advocate for on-going access to market reports.
6. Develop and maintain a prioritized list of strategic sourcing projects based on input from Key Stakeholders, Category Leads and Strategic Sourcing Supervisor. Balance supply market complexity and interest from Key Stakeholders to optimize the value for Apache.
7. Manage the competitive bidding process as part of strategic sourcing events, including supplier communications.
8. Oversee and construct comprehensive bid evaluation models incorporating pre-determined criteria and weightings, discounted cash flow analysis and input from Key Stakeholders.
9. Develop compelling presentations (project updates, strategy recommendations, sourcing recommendations, etc.) for review with Supply Chain Management and Key Stakeholder groups.
10.Develop negotiation strategies by identifying and quantifying gives, takes and best alternatives.
11.Lead negotiations with Suppliers to optimize the Total Cost of the product or service by leveraging product or service lines, forming key stakeholder relationships, and exploring untapped efficiencies.
12.Interacts with client business units to ensure understanding and ownership is achieved on all commercial and project-based sourcing initiatives.
13.Coordinate the preparation and execution of commercial agreements in a manner that ensures proper definition of the business relationship allocating / mitigating risk between Company and the supplier. Ensure compliance with related Company policies and procedures.
14.Interact with business units to ensure understanding and ownership is achieved on all initiatives. Maintain valuable internal and external stakeholder relationships.
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or relevant Business / Technical discipline.
• Master’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or relevant Technical discipline is preferred.
• 7-10 years of strategic sourcing or general Supply Chain experience.
• In-depth knowledge of strategic sourcing processes and tools.
• Advanced evaluation modeling experience including cost/benefit and present value analysis.
• Upstream Oil & Gas experience with specific planning and supply chain activities related to drilling, completion or production is preferred.
PRIMARY PERFORMANCE & LEADERSHIP ATTRIBUTES/COMPETENCIES:
• A self-starter; able to excel with limited supervision
• Results oriented
• Strong analytical skills
• Effective interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple activities and changing priorities
• Ability to interpret supplier financial statements
• Ability to positively influence stakeholders
• Comfortable presenting to Executive Leadership
• Ability to understand technical & operational requirements
• Ability to plan and execute complex negotiations
• Proven trach record applying complex strategic sourcing techniques, including bid analysis and negotiation strategy development
• Travel Required – up to 30%