Supply Chain Senior Manager- Oil & Gas
Houston Supply Chain Senior Manager- Oil & Gas
Supply chains have become increasingly complex as companies work to compete in today’s business environment. Globalization has led to continuous downward cost pressures and higher customer demands in quality, speed of delivery and overall performance. To help organizations address these growing challenges and complexities, Protiviti’s team of supply chain consultants works closely with key stakeholders to integrate industry best practices and tailor business solutions to meet clients’ goals and requirements.
Our consultants take a holistic approach to managing the supply chain to assess, design and implement capabilities that enhance performance, reliability and control in a cost-effective and efficient manner. Our specific services include Spend/Procurement Assessment, Working Capital Improvement, Strategic Sourcing, Inventory Performance Improvement, Sales & Operations Planning, and Contract Management.
ROLE DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of team members.
The Manager is responsible for:
- Developing lasting relationships with client personnel and seeking to further these relationships through quality service delivery and the successful execution of projects.
- Supervising, mentoring, and developing the Consultants and Senior Consultants assigned to his/her projects, along with providing longer-term career guidance and advice to a select number of Consultants and Senior Consultants as part of Protiviti’s advisor program.
- Managing the development and quality assurance of key business performance improvement deliverables.
- Managing multiple projects and work streams simultaneously; most with dedicated teams responsible for execution.
- Presenting creative and logical solutions to identified problems.
- Developing a portfolio of business through exceptional client service delivery, active involvement in proposal opportunities and business research, and serving as an ambassador of Protiviti in the market.
- Exhibiting solid ethical behavior.
- Delivering on Protiviti’s strategic objectives, including Our Promises to Our People:
- Creating exceptional development opportunities
- Fostering a global, collaborative, workplace
- Creating opportunities for our Seniors and Consultants to have an impact
- Remain committed to the communities that we serve
EDUCATIONAL & PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g., Engineering and/or Business Related Fields) required
- 8+ years in a related field, including prior consulting/professional services
- Professional Certifications such as PMP, Six Sigma, or PE preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Outstanding project management and supervisory experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact in team environment and foster client relationships.
- Exemplary leadership, mentoring, and team building skills.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, including documentation of findings and recommendations.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced skills in spend analysis and total cost of ownership (TCO) analysis and modeling
- Experience with Supply Chain Management, Structured Strategic Sourcing Methodology and/or other performance improvement areas
- Spend assessment with the identification and prioritization of strategic sourcing savings opportunities
- Value analysis to identify return on investment opportunities for clients
- Working knowledge of SAP, Oracle, and/or other ERP systems would be a plus
- Experience in the energy and/or oil & gas industry
- Strong knowledge of strategic sourcing, category management, procure to pay, supplier management, and contract management, other areas of supply chain a plus (planning, inventory management, asset management)
- Working knowledge of P2P Systems (ariba, coupa, OpenInvoice, Kofax, etc) – experience with Oracle supply chain modules a big plus