We're growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world's first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
Expand your career with Viasat! Viasat is a global broadband services technology company who securely connects consumers, businesses, and governments to the internet, anywhere in the world via satellite. Viasat is not just an industry leader; we are a market disrupter ‐ pushing the boundaries of what's possible by creating what doesn't exist. We thrive on accomplishing what others have proclaimed the impossible. Viasat designed, developed and launched the very first high throughput satellite in 2011 which provides as much bandwidth as all of the satellites over North America and has been a game changer in the market.
We launched Viasat‐2 in June 2017, which has improved speeds, reduced costs, and expanded the footprint 7 X's across North America, Central America, the Caribbean, and Northern South America. Always asking *What's Next,- we are still redefining the role satellite plays in the competitive broadband communications market.
As a Viasat Supply Chain Program Manager, you will be a key leader for new product launches at Viasat and key enabler of continuous improvement for the government procurement organization. You will work closely with external suppliers and internal cross‐functional partners in Program Management, Contracts, Operations, Engineering, Legal, Finance and more to ensure high level supply chain performance. You will manage suppliers through all phases of a product's lifecycle from contract execution, hardware design and development, ramp up through the end of production. You will act as a senior point of escalation for individual procurement contributors and be a key staff member of the Government procurement management team, assisting the drive towards a more responsive, compliant, and world class organization.
Key responsibilities include:
• Acting as the main focal point within supply chain for assigned products/suppliers while maintaining internal and external supplier relationships. Presenting to the Program Management Office (PMO) and executive leadership on the status and issues affecting schedule performance and program cost.
• Assisting development and execution of Supply Chain initiatives to support Government business area strategies, including improvement in efficiencies, global scaling, business capture and execution, and responsive compliance.
• Coordinating and leading collaboration meetings with all supply chain functions (procurement, planning and material control) to ensure that effective demand and supply planning is executed.
• Ensuring all supply chain commitments are met, plans are developed and executed, and risks are mitigated for assigned products/suppliers. This includes assessing complex procurements and breaking them down into manageable pieces, while communicating with cross-functional teams to allow them to deliver results in a successful and timely manner.
• Working with suppliers on meeting contractual requirements throughout a project lifecycle. This includes compliance to the program milestones and supplier deliverables outlined in the statement of work and other documents.
• Facilitating effective supplier New Product Introduction (NPI) execution and ensuring the supplier can ramp up from design and development to production. This includes supplier resource planning, process development, capacity ramp up, and material clear to build.
• Acting as a key escalation point for procurement staff with complex supplier engagement and performance issues.
• Driving Supplier Design for Manufacturing engagement and material cost reduction activities.
• Acting as SME for complicated Government compliance processes.
• Tracking and managing supplier performance, including risks, opportunities, problems, decisions, and schedules.
• Pulling in operations resources for process development, technical support, and quality assurance as required.
• Passionately driving supply chain improvements that exceed internal and external customer's expectations.
• 10+ years of experience working with suppliers in an entrepreneurial, high‐tech environment.
• Well versed, working knowledge of FAR/DFARs, experience defending procurements with customers and/or DCMA/DCAA.
• Experience with preparing pricing for government proposals.
• Experience with contract management, project management, and supplier relationship management within a low volume high mix environment or complex environment.
• Experience working with development and ramp with contract manufacturers/ electronics hardware manufacturing.
• Experience with Statements of Work, Supplier contract development and negotiations.
• Ability to lead in a matrix environment to achieve schedule, cost, quality targets.
• Understanding of program milestones and design/development phase gating processes.
• Understanding of supply chain functions and their importance (demand/supply planning, procurement, material control).
• Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and presentation skills, including the ability to present to senior managers and program leadership.
• Skilled user of Microsoft Office suite of business software: Word, Excel, Project and Power Point.
• US citizenship.
• Bachelors Degree.
• Ability to travel up to 25%.
• Experience with supplier development and/or top tier supplier management.
• Project Management certification preferred.
• Technical degree preferred.
• Masters degree preferred.
• Experience with ERP system, Oracle or similar preferred.
• Experience with PLM, Agile or similar preferred.
• Security clearance or ability to obtain and maintain one.