This role is funded through April of 2022, with the intention to establish a permanent role within Global Supply Chain once the transformation program is complete. The permanent role has not yet been approved, and if it is not approved and you are employed though the date the role is funded you will be eligible to receive severance in accordance with the terms of Medtronic’s Severance Pay Plan in effect at the time of termination.
CAREERS THAT CHANGE LIVES
The Americas Supply Chain Inventory Solutions Director is part of the Americas Supply Chain Leadership staff and is responsible for developing and implementing inventory strategies and innovative solutions that support business growth, targeted service levels, inventory weeks and SOGL improvements to deliver improved free cash flow. This position works closely with the Americas SC Leadership Staff, regions, business units, T2 inventory optimization team and other internal cross-functional partners, as well as external parties to implement inventory solutions. This includes sponsoring, securing funding, leading key initiatives and the program management of inventory projects across the Americas SC. This position will also launch and lead tiered operating system for inventory & SOGL for the Americas Super-region with the BG’s and Corporate
A DAY IN THE LIFE
• Lead Americas SC inventory strategy development. Deliver multi-year strategy that support business growth, targeted service levels, inventory weeks and SOGL improvements to deliver improved free cash flow.
• Develop, sponsor, lead and program manage key initiatives and projects that enable realization of the inventory strategy, including overall responsibility for successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project
• Launch and lead tiered operating system for inventory & SOGL for the Americas Super-region with the BG’s and Corporate
• Partner with the T2 inventory optimization and Field Inventory teams, BU’s, Regions, Supply Management, IT, Tax, Distribution and Trade Operations to develop and implement innovative inventory solutions.
• Provide leadership for inventory analysis including identification of short-dated and excess inventory. Identify obsolescence risk and proactively work with business partners to reduce excess inventory & obsolescence risk.
• Communicate and influence at all levels of the organization, including top executives and outside the organization to achieve alignment with key stakeholders.
• Present results and “how it was done,” sharing best practices across Medtronic. Passionately drive process excellence visibility and awareness across the enterprise.
• Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of supply chain planning or related experience in a manufacturing/supply chain environment
• 7+ years managing/supervising and/or coaching or mentoring experience or advanced degree with 8+ years of relevant experience with 7+ years of managerial experience
NICE TO HAVE
• MBA or equivalent Master’s degree with an emphasis on supply chain management, information systems, or industrial engineering
• Demonstrated ability to develop, shape and implement strategies across region and business.
• Demonstrated decision-making skills, considering all relevant factors and stakeholders.
• Ideal candidate will have transformed distribution and supply chain models in other organizations.
• Strong leadership, communication, change management and facilitation skills. Ability to lead, energize and influence change efforts at all levels of a complex, matrix organization with track record of delivering results.
• Knowledge and experience in various process areas of supply chain: Plan, Source, Make, Deliver and Return.
• Knowledge and experience with SIOP, S&OP and/or IBP
• Knowledge and experience with Lean Sigma methodologies. Green/Black Belt certification.
• Project Management experience and use of project management tools
• Experience with Robotic Process Automation and actual application to supply chain processes
• Experience in the medical device or other regulated industry
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be. We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)