As the Supply Chain Productivity Manager at Plexus Corp. you will be responsible for developing optimal supply chain solutions for Plexus customers. You will provide external customers with optimal levels of value added services, identify and drive differentiation, while maximizing profitability for Plexus.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Formulate, model and set optimal material QC pricing to align with overall account objectives, while meeting Plexus' financial goals.
- Assist in the formulation of quoting strategies and opportunity plans that drive win rates and revenue growth.
- Lead within their peer group; have the ability to influence, motivate, and enable others to contribute toward organizational success
- Lead strategic material cost reductions utilizing Global and Regional Sourcing, Supply Chain and ENG Solutions while incorporating material pricing, current market and customer negotiated conditions. Responsible for meeting customer specific cost reduction goals and Plexus PPV retainment goals.
- Promote Plexus' Supply Chain as a value add provider of a wide range of solutions, which meets the needs of existing customers and new business opportunities.
- Accountable to execute on Plexus' Best People strategy, leaders will focus on evaluating potential, driving succession planning and ensuring that their employees receive the development and coaching required to realize their full potential.
- Act as a liaison to the customer's fulfillment requirements, including: Flexibility, Response Time, Service Level and On Time to Request.
- Act as Voice of Customer for supply chain to ensure Plexus is appropriately resourced and aligned on driving to closure material shortage escalations and any other material related issues as they occur. Lead Plexus in required development work to prevent issue reoccurrence, where necessary, through Supply Chain redesign or inventory policies. Maintain the strategic intent of the role by keeping particular issues at the appropriate operational levels and using judgment to get involved when urgent matters are identified.
- Collaborate with Site Materials, Sourcing, Finance and Customer facing teams on material pricing to ensure continuous improvement on customer satisfaction and PPV.
- Ensure Plexus Material teams are prepared and information is accurate for Business Review Meetings (QBR) with global customers. This may include coordination across several Plexus sites.
- Provide leadership during transition to ensure Supply Chain Strategies and Preferred Manufacturer Suppliers are optimized.
- Ensure that all appropriate materials teams are aware of the content of the contracts, agreements and any specific customer requirements when appropriate relating to pricing cycles, management of purchase price variance and productivity goals.
- Ensure common material is aligned with global pricing strategy.
- Frequent travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (estimated 20%).
- Additional duties as assigned.
Here's what we are looking for:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required; a Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or related field is preferred.
- Five (5) years of related experience is required; Three (3) or more years of related experience is preferred.
- Certification by ISM or APICS is preferred.
- Previous customer management experience is preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be considered.
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are required
- An ability to quickly relate to people and connect their motives to opportunities
- Highly organized, team players with strong influencing skills are most successful in this role
- Prior sourcing experience with mechanical, casting, and extrusion commodities a plus.