The Production Planning Manager will create and execute inventory strategy, service our customers, and drive manufacturing cost. This Supply Chain role will partner with other business functions to help deliver the team and overall business results. As an active contributor within the Production Planning Team, this person is responsible for the providing leadership, improving our processes, partnering with other functions to improve our customer service, and accountability to KPIs.
There are three primary areas of responsibility:
- Provide Leadership to meet team objective
- Problem solving to balance of inventory management, service and cost
- Drive Process Improvement by identifying opportunities with the Production Planning Team
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Drive process improvement by evaluating current processes and business challenges. Lead the team through process improvement and cross functional collaboration.
- Provide Leadership to our day to day decision making consistent with business strategy and drive overall business results.
- Manage health of inventory and provide analysis to progress towards objectives. Identify opportunities for improvement and implement.
- Identify best practices and ensure we are consistent in how we apply across our locations and business units.
- Innovate S&OP Process by identifying KPI and presenting information to business leadership
- Project management – manage projects to drive the business in a process improvement framework
- Leverage ERP system to improve transactional excellence and improve connectivity between business functions
- Background in Supply Chain - Inventory Management, Production Planning, Demand Planning
- 5+ years’ experience, ideally with a manufacturing company
- Strength in analysis and technology
- Can present and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Needs to be able to be in the details, but also think more broadly about the business needs
- Understanding of Inventory Management and Demand Planning Methods
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Collaboration (with sales, marketing, supply chain, customer service)
- Follow up
- Project Management
Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friend Share on your newsfeed Neenah Paper, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant due to race, ethnicity, gender, religion, national origin, veteran’s status or on the basis of disability. We are committed to having a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.