Palm Beach Gardens, FL
5 - 7 years
Posted 187 days ago
Manages and directly supervises the function of Planning. Responsible for developing and monitoring the forecast and master production schedule. Develops, implements and clearly communicates strategies that meet customer service level goals, inventory goals and manufacturing level
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the planning system to ensure customer service levels, capacity utilization and budgeted inventory levels.
- Coordinate with buyer/planners the understanding of raw material requirements for effective procurement.
- Coordinate the development and input of forecast through the Zimmer Forecast System and Marketing management.
- Conduct weekly production meeting reviewing orders for shortages and timeliness with manufacturing.
- Monitor schedules for on time completion, sterilization and shipment. Monitors backorder and expedites product to stock.
- Interface with Product Development, Marketing, Finance and other Operations/Logistics peers to effect successful product introductions and launches.
- Conduct development summary review; implements and monitors plans for development of employee.
- Assist in preparing departmental budget.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Requires decision making that can have significant financial impact.
- Requires a high level of analytical and creative problem solving skills to balance manufacturing requirements, customer service and inventory levels.
- Detailed, analytical problem solver with ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage people/teams in a complex, changing environment with minimal direct supervision.
- Expert knowledge of forecasting, planning, master scheduling, manufacturing, inventory and associated performance measurement systems.
- Tact, discretion and finesse are a must
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, five years’ experience in an industrial environment, two years’ experience in planning, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPIM preferred, CPM or CSCP a plus.
5%; Occasional overnight travel.