Manages the planning and execution of all activities for a large, highly complex, and/or business critical area(s) in a JCPenney Logistics
center such as Store Support Center (SSC), Direct Logistics Center (DLC), Retail Logistics Center (RLC), or Distribution Furniture
Warehouse (DFW), as assigned.
1 Leads the department Associates by creating/sharing a common vision/direction and an understanding of the organizations strategy.
2. Ensure the timeliness, quality and effectiveness of all processes performed within given area of responsibility.
3. Directs the Team on activities and processes that enable our strategy of CustomerFirst Service ensuring that merchandise is delivered
to customers accurately and on time, the first time.
4. Plans and manages the programs and activities of the assigned department to ensure the complex/critical processes/procedures of this
area are followed accurately and efficiently on a multi-shift basis to achieve department and unit business plans and priorities.
5. Resolves problems in the assigned department to keep activities on track; refers to appropriate Associate(s) for resolution if assistance
or specialized expertise is required; initiates crisis management methods if situation could cause business disruptions.
6. Observes and reviews Associate performance, ensuring appropriate execution of procedures and practices, and that all departmental
functions are effectively and efficiently performed.
7. Leads the department by engaging and supporting Associates by providing direction, coaching and feedback, and recognition, while
efficiently and effectively supporting customers.
8. Promotes good communication throughout assigned department to achieve thorough understanding of processes and procedures.
1. Communicates and works with managers and Associates of other areas in the course of managing and accomplishing operational
objectives of the department and total unit.
2. Supports and coordinates with managers of all levels to achieve the goals and objectives of the unit and other parts of the supply chain.
3. Communicates issues with Associates in other logistics units and the Home Office as they relate to assigned area.
4. Builds and maintains good business relationships with external service providers and other industry contacts in the course of managing
the assigned department.
Education: Undergraduatedegree or equivalent logistics related experiencepreferred.
Experience: Minimum 10 years related work experience with demonstrated success in overseeing a logistics function in high volume,
Core/Positional Competencies: Superior supervisory and development abilities; strong verbal and written communication skills; able to prioritize multiple
tasks, functions, and responsibilities in a fast paced environment; good critical thinking skills for proactive planning and crisis management.
Job ID: 1071069