Join National Dentex - a leading healthcare organization specializing in the dental industry. We offer a full spectrum of specialized products, services, and technologies to address any dental restoration need. Currently, we have 30+ labs throughout the country.
Our team is growing, and we are seeking to fill a number of key positions within our organization including this opportunity for a Materials Manager to be based out of our home office in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions of the Position:
- Establish and monitor raw material inventory levels to minimize carrying costs and maximize inventory turns across the network
- Develops and employs inventory controls through IT automation and standardized materials processes, across the network
- Develop timely, high quality, inventory data analysis (E&O, Inventory Turns, Reorder Points, etc.) based on schedules and forecasted usage
- Drive lean continuous improvement through data driven root cause analysis and countermeasures to meet/exceed monthly inventory metric targets
- Deliver cost savings initiatives and assign support for defined projects
- Develop internal policies and tools necessary to implement strategic materials/inventory initiatives and assist Procurement in prioritizing strategic sourcing initiatives
- Provide leadership to subordinates for individual development
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within an organization
- Results-focused with a proven ability to execute and deliver on commitments
- Lean Manufacturing experience and strong Project Management skills
- Demonstrated success in directing and managing staff
- Financial acumen, apply a broad understanding of financial management principles (costing, budgeting/forecasting)
- Strong Microsoft Excel (incl. Pivots/Macros) and PowerPoint skillset
- Must be fluent in English – verbal, reading and writing
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Accounting or Business Administration
- 5-7 years previous inventory and materials management experience in a multi-site environment
- Breadth and depth of knowledge in Oracle environment (preferable R12)
Bachelors or better.