Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions of the Position:
- Establish and monitor raw material inventory levels to minimize carrying costs and maximize inventory turns across the network
- Develops and employs inventory controls through IT automation and standardized materials processes, across the network
- Develop timely, high quality, inventory data analysis (E&O, Inventory Turns, Reorder Points, etc.) based on schedules and forecasted usage
- Drive lean continuous improvement through data driven root cause analysis and countermeasures to meet/exceed monthly inventory metric targets
- Deliver cost savings initiatives and assign support for defined projects
- Develop internal policies and tools necessary to implement strategic materials/inventory initiatives and assist Procurement in prioritizing strategic sourcing initiatives
- Provide leadership to subordinates for individual development
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within an organization
- Results-focused with a proven ability to execute and deliver on commitments
- Lean Manufacturing experience and strong Project Management skills
- Demonstrated success in directing and managing staff
- Financial acumen, apply a broad understanding of financial management principles (costing, budgeting/forecasting)
- Strong Microsoft Excel (incl. Pivots/Macros) and PowerPoint skillset
- Must be fluent in English – verbal, reading and writing
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Accounting or Business Administration
- 5-7 years previous inventory and materials management experience in a multi-site environment
- Breadth and depth of knowledge in Oracle environment (preferable R12)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Bachelors or better.