Supply Chain / Materials Management Specialist
Location: Tustin, CA
Direct Hire Opening
- This role combines demand planning and supply planning along with purchasing for a global equipment manufacturer.
- Responsible for managing inbound and outbound parts and components from the manufacturing plants and / or third party vendors to the distribution centers.
- Sales and operations planning.
- Use sales forecasts and historical data to create accurate demand plans.
- Communicate with global manufacturers in ordering the correct items and quantities.
- Ensure delivery timelines are met.
- Escalate and troubleshoot issues regarding capacity and delivery.
- Ensure the balanced supply of product and inventory levels within the distribution centers.
- Work with customer services team and distribution centers to prioritize inbound and outbound shipments.
- Recommend changes in the demand plan where appropriate based on available supply of product.
- Work with warehouse and distribution centers in monitoring inventory levels and expediting shipments.
- Interface with sales and/or customers in delivery of goods.
- Bachelor?s degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain Management or a related field highly desired.
- Knowledgeable in demand and supply planning fundamentals and best practices.
- Experience with a high volume of SKU?s, 1000+.
- Ability to read and understand forecasts and trends.
- Must be highly organized, able to multi-task and prioritize workload, and extremely detailed and accurate.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Advanced skills in Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPs).
- Experience with ERP systems preferred.