Responsible for providing specialized expertise to the company through management of people. Accepts responsibility for delegated decision making and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provides guidance to direct reports within the latitude of established company polices. Responsible for the operations of an entire or significant portion of a department. Interprets and executes policies for the department and develops, recommends and implements new policies or modifications to existing policies. Responsible for tactical and operational planning; has supervisory and budgetary responsibility.
- Manages day-to-day activities of a group of employees. Assigns, monitors and reviews progress and accuracy of work, direct efforts and provide technical guidance on more complex issues. Oversees and initiates the hiring, firing, and performance review processes.
- Provides management to the team to meet objectives, improve processes and improve stakeholder's satisfaction. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results may add to costs and may impact the short-term goals of the department/company.
- Interacts and works collaboratively with peers within and outside of the department, normally involving matters within the department, with other departments or across the company. May lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Manages and works on issues of a diverse scope, where analysis of the situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Provides advanced expertise and knowledge in complex area of specialization.
- Accepts responsibility for delegated decision-making and reinforces and influences others to demonstrate the same support for empowered decision-making. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Provides guidance to departmental employees working within the latitude of established policies. Develops procedures that affect the area under management.
- Outlines specific objectives and processes that are focused on generating innovative solutions to business problems.
- Develops and submits ideas which support the achievement of innovative goals. Implements innovative processes or changes that support the goals of the function or department.
- Manages, develops and controls departmental expenditures against the expense budget.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 4 years of experience in a supply chain or business role OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience in a supply chain or business role.
- At least 1 year of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 1 year of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work OR at least 2 years of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- MBA/Master's Degree
- APICS CSCP Certification.
Job ID 53569BR