We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
Serves as a proactive leader with the ability to lead a team, and personally be involved in the day-to-day Supply Chain responsibilities of the airline. This position is responsible for setting and achieving aggressive service level targets as well as driving performance in total cost and operational impact. The individual will be expected to deal directly with Senior leadership in all areas of the organization and have strong interpersonal and influencing skills needed for these communications. This is a key position for the company relating directly to the quality of the operations, as well as the bottom line results of the company.
This leader will be responsible for overseeing the Technical Purchasing Teams and Technical Projects Team within Technical Operations - Supply Chain. They will have 4 direct reports, at the Supervisor and Consultant level.
- Interacts with SWA Finance, Technical Operations Production, Stores, and Engineering, Internal Audit, Technology and other departments concerning material management/planning issues, including fleet campaigns, aircraft modernization programs, and budget formulation and execution.
- Works with cross-functional Teams to develop and present aggressive savings ideas
- Develops expertise in advanced procurement methods, including, but not limited to: Strategic Sourcing, Material Planning, Inventory Management, Global Sourcing, Value Engineering, TCO, and Supplier Development within the Team
- Creates and implements project or work plans for projects; holds others accountable to plan
- Determines the workload for the Team and delegates accordingly
- Responsible for administration of all the Supply Chain activities. Oversees the daily activities for all areas within the Supply Chain organization
- Establishes goals and supporting procedures and processes
- Takes required actions to maintain service levels and inventory objectives
- Develops and recommends planning policy, measurements, and procedures for improving overall planning/forecasting performance.
- Along with the senior leadership, oversees the SOXAudit Program and provides audit analysis data to finance and management as required.
- Ensures the information in the Inventory Management System and the Supply Chain Organization System is maintained and updated as required.
- Communicate and coordinate the material, and logistical requirements of materials, for all maintenance performed by outsourced providers.
- Interacts with SWA Finance, Internal Audit, Technology and other departments concerning material management/planning issues.
- Demonstrates the highest level of ethics and integrity in all supplier transactions
- Oversees the management of supplier performance (determines supplier mix and service level targets, benchmarks suppliers, assists with dispute resolution)
- Works with department spend owners to deliver significant savings balancing cost, quality, Customer Service, and operational impact
- Develops a competent, productive, knowledgeable, effective and Customer Service-oriented Team by: recruiting and hiring qualified applicants; providing training and orientation on departmental policies and procedures; assigning work responsibilities and priorities; Leading work activities and evaluating the performance of the Team
- Provide Leadership and Direction to all assigned personnel at outsourced locations to ensure proper oversight of Southwest policies and procedures.
- Works with Sr. Leadership across SWA to develop strategies in support of their business objectives
- Directs the development and updating of the annual and quarterly department budget to ensure plans are being executed.
- Provides necessary training for all Employees assigned to the Supply Chain Group.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 18years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- Relevant college degreerequired (business administration; supply chain management; aviation logistics; finance; accounting; industrial engineering/distribution; economics; mechanical, electrical, chemical, or aerospace engineering; or similar disciplines); will substitute 10 years of relevant Supply Chain experience for degree.
- A master's degree (MBA or MS in above disciplines) is preferred
- Minimum of five years People Leadership experiencerequired
- Demonstrated experience with implementing process improvements required
At least five years experiencerequired in:
- Materials, inventory or supply chain management, and/or
- Production or financial planning, and/or
- Aviation/airline maintenance and procurement.
Preferred work experience:
Experience in technical purchasing within an aviation environment preferred
Existing knowledge of the requirements associated with Technical Operations (Maintenance and Engineering) supportpreferred
Existing understanding of technical manuals and different systems within the aircraft preferred.
- Understanding of sourcing methodologies and analysis preferred
- Experience leading project teams and assigning and allocating project work preferred
- Demonstrated strategic work within the Technical Operations procurement arena preferred (forecasting, road mapping, setting long term vision, etc)
Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP), Certified Professional Purchasing Manager (CPPM), Certified Green Purchasing Professional (CGPP), Certified Professional in Distribution and Warehousing (CPDW), Certificate in Procurement and Supply Operations (CPSO), Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), or other equivalent Supply Chain Management certification preferred
Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
- Ability to work minimum of 40 hours per week leading high-performing Team(s) discharging the responsibilities outlined above and below
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Requires knowledge and understanding of supply chain management in an airline operational environment
- Proficiency with inventory management software, and Microsoft Office.
- Strong communication, leadership, financial and organizational skills required. Must demonstrate and maintain an extremely high regard for confidential and sensitive information.
- Must have the ability to work well with others as part of a Team and under stressful situations - Must be able to interact effectively with the highest level Leaders in the Company.
- Possess a strong intellect and well developed analytical skills, and an ability to absorb input from multiple internal and external constituencies and translate that into effective and actionable initiatives. Complements his/her analytical skills with an equal ability to synthesize and see the big picture.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and is able to articulate his/her views crisply and convincingly. Well-developed presentation skills. Able to digest, synthesize, and capture key messages and their rationale in clear communications.
- Provide direction and guidance around day-to-day activities related to sourcing and payment activities
- Research, recommend and implement cost saving ideas
- Ensures policies and procedures are followed
- Must demonstrated Leadership skills, modeling the Southwest Leadership expectations
- Maintains a positive Team environment through regular interaction with Customers, Team Members, Peers and administrative staff including participation in Team meetings and events
- Develops and implements Team goals, conducts teambuilding activities. Coaches and mentors others; provides timely and effective feedback on performance and career guidance
- Writes and delivers performance appraisals for assigned Team Members
- Manage compensation per company salary guidelines for assigned Team Members
- Must be able to manage multiple individuals with a broad scope and large volume of projects simultaneously
- Provides input for and assists with budget development and ensures effective utilization of fiscal resources
- Participates in community and industry organizations to learn and apply best practices
- Leads and/or participates in special projects and Company/Departmental functions
- Tracks and analyzes Team's performance by monitoring key productivity measurements
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Must be able to manage the transfer of broad objectives into specific actionable items
- Strong ability to persuade and influence people outside area of responsibility and maximize area of influence
- Exceptional project and change management skills on multiple simultaneous complex projects
- Has strong ability to think strategically, not just the limited scope of one aspect of a project
- Proven track record of excellent project management, change management, communication, Leadership, and analytical/problem-solving abilities
- Creates an atmosphere of trust and respect between self and others
- Ability to lead a fact-based approach to drive an optimal solution for the Company
- Sets stretch targets for performance and routinely meets objectives
- Must meet confidentiality expectations as to confidential, proprietary, and sensitive Company information.
- Ability to work extended work hours, as necessary
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID 2018-23340