Job Description: The Production Control and Logistics Manager is responsible for management and execution of Plant Materials, Logistics and Production Scheduling activities to ensure all functions work together to achieve 100% customer delivery. The position is responsible for achieving inventory targets and developing material flow and replenishment strategies to support operational efficiencies and continuous improvement activities to achieve budget and spend targets under the control of this position.
Responsibilities:The position incumbent ensures, that
- Adherence to Global and BU PC&L standards to effectively manage and control Plant PC&L functions; Material Planning, Inventory Control, Production Scheduling, Internal and External Logistics.
- Responsible for the development of production schedules for release to the Plant Production Team to ensure 100% customer delivery and adherence to Finished Good inventory targets.
- Responsible for alignment of MRP to Customer Releases to ensure accurate EDI release of Supplier order requirements.
- Responsible for Management of all Material Planning processes aligned with Plant Inventory Targets, Production schedules through maintaining accurate master data.
- Management and control of Plant inventory through maintaining Cycle Counting Program. Continuous tracking of inventory accuracy and route cause analysis for inaccuracies and deviations.
- Manage inbound/outbound Logistics requirements for the plant, both domestic and international modes. Ensure constant review of Supplier volumes to develop optimized routes and delivery schedules aligned with Plant Production schedules and Inventory targets.
- Responsible for Logistics tracking/tracking, execution of premium freight and managing spend totals against budgeted targets.
- Develop and implement material flow strategies and processes to eliminate waste and increase productivity. Develop and launch effective Warehouse, Supermarket and line-side material storage and delivery systems.
- Managing of engineering changes that will include minimizing or elimination of obsolescence, and the effective implementation of new product launches including all SAP system requirements.
- 10-15 years of manufacturing experience with a strong preference in the automotive industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Materials Management, Supply Chain or Logistics; advanced degree or professional certifications are desired.
- Excellent planning and scheduling experience with a strong knowledge and capability of utilizing SAP.
- APICS Certification preferred.
- Able to work hours as needed to accomplish goals, objectives and needs of the organization.
- Strong experience in material flow, automotive packaging standards, lean concepts, pull systems, project management and visual warehouse techniques.
- MMOG experience is preferred.