The Supply Chain Manager will have direct responsibility for driving cost savings through oversight and management of all aspects of the supply chain for designated manufacturing plant. Overall responsibility for the flow and management of material (raw material and finished goods) into and out of the facility with a total cost approach and meeting service requirements. The SCM will manage the interpretation of forecast data to advise Operations Manager on capacity requirements in terms of staffing and inventory plans and ensure that production planning aligns with goals for the site.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures efficient and dimensioned operations in local supply chain activities including: end to end network optimization, physical logistics, planning / scheduling, materials management and flow, in order to meet expected customer service while meeting or exceeding inventory and logistics cost targets.
- Manage the complete material control process including materials management and flow, production/inventory control, and transportation logistics.
- Responsible for plant daily service levels and root cause analysis for service misses
- Collaborate with Engineering, Strategic Sourcing, Sales, Marketing and New Product Development teams and communicate required specifications to execute plant new product line launches
- Review supplier lead times and monitor safety stock programs to meet specified inventory targets for proper inventory management
- The leadership of material life cycle management and obsolescence. Establishes plans to meet corporate goals around material obsolescence.
- Foster a safety culture and the implementation of safety policies and training in compliance with the company safety program and OSHA regulations to eliminate work related injuries.
- Responsible for the management and flow of materials in and out of the plant, with a total cost approach.
- Develop production schedules based on customer orders and operational constraints for all plant production activities to meet production and sales goals. Maintain ERP system production schedules are accurate and updated.
- Interprets forecast data and advises Operations Manager of capacity requirements.
- Oversees the delivery operation, including the management of the fleet and contract carriers.
- Develop and continually improve the raw materials storage and replenishment systems (including Kanban) to meet 5S and other Lean concepts.
- Plans and ensures the execution of cycle counts and physical inventory
- Leading the materials review board to ensure that all cycle count variances are researched and actions taken to close root cause.
- Partner with suppliers and internal groups through Kaizen events to identify opportunities to reduce all forms of waste throughout value chain.
- Work with Regional Outbound Logistics to minimize outbound freight expense and maintain a running set of projects to reduce SCPP while meeting safety and service requirements.
- Partner with customers to identify opportunities to improve KRA's (key results areas) while growing the business through service excellence.
- Develop a plant S&OP process that ensures the required resources and appropriate production schedules.
- Take the lead for the development of all annual budget preparation for each of the areas under their control.
- Provides leadership by promoting team concepts, coaching, counseling, retaining, mentoring, training, talent management, and individual development. Drives a culture of accountability and results through strategy deployment and effective performance management.
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- BA/BS in Supply Chain Management or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8 Years of progressive experience in supply chain management including materials, manufacturing and project management
- Lean Six Sigma training/ Green Belt preferred.
- Designations and verification of CPM, CPIM, or CPSM preferred.
- Work is active in nature, with frequent walking of manufacturing plant and warehouse distribution environment.
- Up to 10% travel
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilitiesassociated with the job. Other job-related duties may be assigned.
An Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer * Drug-Free Working Environment