L3Harris is currently seeking a Administrator Manager to contribute to the success and growth of our company located in Mason, OH. The Administrator determines approaches to objectives, demonstrating a complete understanding and application of procurement/principles, concepts and practices in a DoD environment. This position requires a minimum of 8 years' experience in defense and procurement.
- Lead and mentor Subcontract Administrators in support of various programs. Commodities include but are not limited to electronic, mechanical, optical components or assemblies, capital equipment and electronic/optical systems
- Lead Subcontract Administrators in managing complex procurements. Includes formal preparation of Requests for Proposals (RFPs), proposal evaluation and issuance of purchase orders/or subcontracts. Selects and recommends suppliers, negotiates price, delivery, quality, terms and conditions, Non-disclosure agreements and service agreements
- Strong background with FAR compliant purchasing systems to include but not limited to FAR complaint proposals IAW 15-2 requirements. Preferable experience with performing and assisting in fact finds and proposal price analysis and cost analysis.
- Develop material cost reduction strategy. Create and issue fixed price, time and material, labor hour and cost-type purchase orders
- Drive formal source selection teams; conduct formal cost/price analysis, cost audits, fact-finding and formal negotiations. Negotiate the lowest possible total cost for the product. Identify opportunities to mitigate risk
- Monitor administration of post-award of large high dollar/program critical subcontracts
- Ensure the creation of Statements of Work with input from appropriate functional areas. Track CDRL requirements of the contract/SOW to completion
- Support Integrated Product Teams(IPT) through supply chain representative Subcontract Administrators
- Inter and Intra departmental coordination is essential
- Active participation in company and department initiatives such as strategic sourcing and L-3Harris Excellence
- Develop process and procedures to further strengthen the subcontract administrator role in the organization
- BS Degree in Business, Operations Management, Finance or Engineering required
- PMP/CPIM highly desirable
- Minimum of 8 years prior experience in Procurement/Supply Chain/Contracts
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Defense subcontracting
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time; predominantly domestic travel but international may be required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience working in proposal teams, generating material estimates for Bids and Proposals and providing substantiating evidence when required
- Knowledge of DoD 5000.02 framework and Earned Value Management
- Ability to direct and manage multiple projects and prioritize appropriately
- Must be a team player and able to collaborate with members of a team
- Strong communication (verbal and written), organization, negotiation skills, and management skills
- Excellent computer skills including ERP knowledge, MS office applications (strong excel skills).
- Strong ability to read specifications, statements of work and drawings
- Required knowledge and understanding of FARS and DFARS including ITAR as it relates to purchasing requirements
- Understanding of how to develop policy and processes
- Knowledge and understanding of small business government requirements
- Commitment to and experience in continuous improvement (Lean six sigma tools).