L3 Electron Devices is the industry’s foremost domestic manufacturer of high-power radio frequency amplifiers used in satellite communications and radar applications. In addition to offering a full range of microwave- and millimeter-wave amplifiers to space and defense customers, we also develop and manufacture state-of-the-art electric thrusters for satellite station keeping and interplanetary spacecraft propulsion.
We’re a division of L3 Technologies, a leading provider of a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military, homeland security and commercial platforms. L3 is also a prime contractor in aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
We currently have an opening for an experienced SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNING MANAGER at our Torrance, California location. Reporting to our supply chain management director, you will be responsible for planning, directing and managing the activities of 25+ material planners and shop floor planners in our SCM organization, including critical sub-functions such as MRP optimization, shop floor planning, WIP inventory control, and production capacity management. You’ll support interaction with Program Management and Engineering to ensure that complete kits are issued to production lines in time to meet manufacturing completion schedules and customer-required delivery dates. Other responsibilities include:
You will need at least eight years of supply chain management experience in a manufacturing setting, with a bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or supply chain management . Other qualifications that will enable you to perform successfully in this position include:
· Experience in a high-mix, low-volume environment with 20,000+ parts, process-intensive manufacturing, and unpredictable yields is preferred
· Experience with project/program-based planning and financials is needed
· Deep understating of MRP principles and command of MRP parameters for buying and scheduling are required
· Expert-level Excel skills are needed
· Aerospace and defense experience is a plus
· Experience designing and implementing a planning system is preferred
· Experience using InforLN a plus
· APICS certification is desired.