The Supply Chain Excellence Manager assumes a leadership role in managing, controlling and directing the material planning, inventory control, storage, and shipping and receiving functions for the facility. The Supply Chain Excellence Manager is responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction, effectively managing inventory, and making continuous improvements to the business.
- Provides strategic vision and tactical methods for the continuous improvement of Materials systems and processes.
- Ensures Customer Satisfaction.
- Drives facility to meet or exceed on time external customer delivery goals.
- Ensures timely shipments to aftermarket distribution facilities
- Monitors and manages customer past due backlog to less than established goals.
- Meets or exceeds objectives within Sales, Inventory and Operating Plan process.
- Manages excess and obsolete inventories with root cause analysis and countermeasures.
- Drives continuous improvements and preventative measures within the facility cycle count programs.
- Manages inbound replenishment process to ensure proper materials are available for production in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Drives and achieves plant performance goals and objectives including Delivery, Inventory, Productivity and Budget Performance.
- Champions materials team to achieve annual cost savings.
- Provides clear direction and priorities for department members including the establishment of individual goals and training plans through the performance feedback process.
- Establishes daily tools to drive accountability and informed decision-making to the appropriate level.
- Creates boundary less materials organization to support supplier transitions and assure customer satisfaction through product distribution and manufacturing.
- Implements Lean Manufacturing techniques to improve material flow and efficiencies.
- Develops people and systems to support new business growth opportunities.
- Works closely with other Leadership team members to support Safety, Quality, Operations, HR and Finance objectives.
- Nourishes a cooperative team-based environment.
- Supports inter-site cooperation to achieve BSFB goals and objectives.
- Strives to continuously improve the business through innovation and problem-solving skills.
- Performs his/her job within acceptable productivity and performance standards as outlined in plant policies, handbooks and applicable work instructions.
- Understands and adheres to current health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures: (ISO14001). Is empowered to identify, stop, and communicate or escalate appropriate action in regards to safety, health, and environmental concerns.
- Understands and adheres to current Quality policies (IATF16949). Empowered to identify, stop, and communicate or escalate appropriate action in regards to product quality.
- Performs other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering or related field is required. Master Degree in related field highly preferred.
- Has the ability to drive change from concept to completion across functional boundaries.
- Has the capability to energize the materials organization to world class performance.
- Has strong leadership skills and ability to develop materials staff.
- Has demonstrated knowledge of Materials and Supply Chain Management, SAP, forecast and budget planning, JIT, and Lean Manufacturing.
- Strong time management skills are required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are required.
- Six Sigma Greenbelt or Blackbelt Certified preferred.
- APICS Certification preferred.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Must be able to travel and visit customers on short notice occasionally.
- At least 10 years of Materials/Operations experience is required.
- At least 5 years of Managerial/Supervisory experience is required.
What does Bendix have to offer you?
- Work/life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan with Company matching
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Wellness Program and incentives
- On-Site Fitness Center
- On-Site Cafeteria with Healthy menu options
- Health and Welfare Insurance Benefits that start on your 1st day of employment:
- Company-Paid Benefits:
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Voluntary Employee-Paid Benefits:
- Medical and Prescription insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
- Supplemental AD&D insurance for Employee and Family
- Long Term Disability
- Accident Plan
- Critical Illness Plan
- Hospital Indemnity Plan