A&B Process Systems, a business unit of JBT Corporation, is an industry leader in the design, fabrication, automation and installation of stainless steel process systems used in a variety of industries. At A&B Process Systems, our quality stainless steel process vessels, stainless steel process modules, skidded systems and process automation systems are all developed at one location in Stratford, Wisconsin. Our advanced 175,000 square-foot manufacturing facility is distributed over five physical plants. As a member of the JBT team, you will find that you are joining a world class organization with an entrepreneurial work environment and innovative spirit.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Supply Chain Manager.
This position manages the overall supply chain management function of the company. Position oversees the approval and control of the Purchasing, Central Receiving and Inventory Control functions. Develops and maintains policies and implements best practices for all responsible departments. Position is personally involved in the most critical material purchases and is responsible for reducing costs, improving efficiencies, and developing more effective purchasing methods including competitive bidding and RFQ’s. Manages purchasing personnel and business processes; tied to purchasing function and abilities within the company. Position is responsible for managing the activities, personnel, and processes to achieve the goals and strategies.
- Manages and facilitates supply management activities between divisions and business units and their suppliers.
- Develops and maintains lean strategies & best practices according to organizational needs including “Just In Time (JIT) deliveries and inventory
- Implements sourcing strategies to drive deflation, while maintaining quality; providing the company competitive advantage in the areas of procurement of materials and services. Conducts timely audits and evaluations of suppliers as part of RFQ process.
- Drives sourcing processes to allow buyers to perform core procurement, value added tasks; streamline clerical duties. Intimately understands functionalities of business systems as a tool for streamlining processes and obtaining spend information; and optimizing departmental automation opportunities.
- Commercializes and introduces emerging technologies, create and capitalize on new methodologies such as e-marketplaces and bar-coding.
- Partners and provides tools for and from key partners within business such as Accounts Payable, Inventory Management and Manufacturing.
- Supports growth of buyers within the corporation. Mentor, empower and help associates to grow. Keeps communications flowing within procurement team to know the pulse of corporate-wide internal customers
- Analyzes and develops a consolidated supplier base to meet current and future commodity needs.
- Creates and maintains mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers to foster feedback and continuous improvement.
- Negotiates and manages contracts, agreements, and insurance certificates for assigned commodities, and train buyers to do the same.
- Provides a continuous evaluation of risk and value in the supply chain to ensure accuracy and accountability.
- Understands, tracks and forecasts the key cost drivers and markets factors for assigned commodities and mentor buyers to do the same for their commodities.
- Owns commodities, follows up on supplier delivery dates if past due, updates system and notifies internal customer when deliver dates change and mentor buyers to do the same.
- Pulls together category spends; analyze and chart to graphically show deflation driving efforts and cost prohibiting wins.
- Develops category strategy recommendations; performs category spend analysis by commodity, supplier and product line.
- Synthesizes information, trends, and prices forecasts to aid sales in setting profitable goals.
- Implements appropriate pricing strategies to control the company’s purchased material costs and to assure and adequate source and quality of supply chain.
- Participates in cross-function business teams to understand the supply chain flow and processes from need to payment; supports and implements continuous process improvement; and gaps identification and insures potential gaps are addressed, eliminated and in control.
- Drives continuous improvement in all aspects of procurement process and be a champion of change.
- Maintains and promotes sound relationships with suppliers, internal & external customers and the business community. Requires periodic travel, both domestic and international.
- Complete weekly and monthly reports for company and corporate.
- Executes additional responsibilities as defined by Director of Operations.
Education & Experience:
A bachelor’s degree in Procurement Management, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or Engineering with a thorough knowledge of Purchasing and Supply Chain Management principals is required. APIC’s and/or CPM certification is preferred. A minimum of 5 years of senior supply chain management experience is ideal. Experience in a custom to order stainless manufacturing environment is a definite plus. A thorough understanding and ability to use all Microsoft software applications is required. Candidate must display strong interpersonal communications, listening, planning, organization and negotiation, problem solving and presentation skills.
This is a service-orientated position. The successful candidate must genuinely enjoy working with people, have a pleasant disposition, and be willing to advance the goals of the organization by demonstrating competence in relevant subject areas and a willingness to be helpful.