SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the procurement, logistical movement, quality, delivery, and service of all direct and indirect materials and services for the business unit, ensuring lowest total cost of ownership, optimal inventory turns, on-time and on-budget launch of new products, team development, and effectively manages the vendor/supplier relationships.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads, manages, and coaches the supply chain team in executing best practices and measuring performance through agreed upon Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Manages the business unit raw material inventory, material planning, and purchasing processes and systems to ensure continuity of supply to work centers – no unplanned changeovers
- Deploy demand driven - supply market sensitive strategy, processes and tools that support customer demand and service level requirements in line with long range business unit profit plans.
- Achieve site level continuous improvement targets in terms of operating leverage, inventory levels, supplier lead time, inventory obsolescence and phase-in/phase-out of materials. Support business unit continuous improvement strategies and programs
- Responsible and accountable for a variety of management reports and root cause analysis; the development and execution of countermeasures that effectively resolve misses against plans, targets, and measures utilizing a lean toolbox
- Analyzes industry and commodity trends to determine procurement and negotiation strategy on all purchased goods and services
- Supports and drives continuing programs of exploration for new materials, suppliers, and processes to achieve the best possible quality, reliability, prices, continuity, and delivery
- Interfaces with product line supervisors, production planners, logistics, and product management on the planning, forecasting, execution, and synchronization of customer demand through to raw materials
- Works directly with sales department to determine most cost-effective distribution solution for finished goods transportation to customers
- Monitors and corrects inventory levels and costs at outside warehouses (3PL) and manages transportation channels, strategies, relationships, and costs
- Maintains effective relationships and professionally negotiates with suppliers to lowest total cost of ownership
- Develops, implements, and ensures that standard practices and procedures are followed in connection with all departmental functions
- Coordinates and collaborates with other departments internally and at global locations to establish shared priorities, implement cost savings, and improve delivery performance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND REQUIRED ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 3 years’ managerial experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Purchasing, Materials Management, Procurement, and/or other Supply Chain Management field
- Intermediate to expert negotiating skills required
- Steel coil buying experience preferred
- Excellent problem-solving aptitude and ability to drive issues to resolution
- Strong Excel and MRP/ERP skills, experience with JDE or other Oracle product preferred
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and excellent ability to manage effective relationships
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or related field