Plans and directs all aspects of the organization’s supply chain policies, strategies, objectives, and initiatives. This position will develop strategies and tactics for improving operational efficiencies while reducing inventory levels and operational costs. Oversees all aspects of the organization’s material management function from planning through distribution. Partner with various organizational departments to ensure highest possible level of customer satisfaction.
- Oversee the successful implementation of all processes used to achieve key metrics
- Drive the creation of new supply chains as necessary to support expansion to new markets.
- Develop inventory strategy that supports HCC’s supply chain and evaluates market condition impact in order to maintain inventory levels and control costs.
- Build supply chain policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability.
- Develop relationships with business segment suppliers; understand market data/conditions to formulate procurement strategy for improved costs.
- Develop solid relationships with departments to effectively determine their goods and services’ needs.
- Ensure purchase orders conform to company policy and scope of authority.
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate staff. Achieve optimum employee levels. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensure compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consult with Human Resources Department as appropriate.
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve efficiencies and reduce cost and scrap.
- Direct the establishment, implementation and maintenance of material standards.
- Direct and coordinate various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, environmental management, GMP’s, cost reduction, employee involvement, security, etc.)
- Work effectively and relate well with others. Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others, working to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Keep current on information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and ensure compliance
- Development and mentoring of department’s professional growth and advancement
- Promote Company Culture
- Achieve common business goals through cooperative alignment with all departments.
- Annual completion of OSHA required safety training.
- · English skills must be proficient to understand, read, write and speak English
- Bachelors and/or Advanced Degree in a related science and/or business field required
- · 5 years minimum should be in materials management or related field
- 3 years of advancement through progressive managerial positions
- · Computer Proficient
- · Strategic knowledge of production operations management for quality, yield and cost
- · Cost analysis and reporting capabilities
- · Advanced industry related courses and vendor trade shows
- · Educated in Quality Assurance standards
- · Advanced knowledge of warehouse operations and inventory management systems
- · Advanced negotiation and communication skills
- · Software program proficiency in: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are only a general representation of those that an employee may be required to successfully perform in order to complete the essential functions of this job. Other physical demands may be required, depending on the nature of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
?Standing, walking, climbing stairs, & sitting for extended periods of time. Occasional unassisted lifting or moving up to 40 pounds. Vision acuity for viewing of computer screen & documents. Hearing ability for direct & phone communication.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.