Optimizes the organization, integration and effective management of all activities related to the procurement of all goods, services and sourced product with a goal of consistently achieving the “best value” which effectively balances function, price, availability, investment and quality while increasing the sales and throughput of the business.
Leads the material and information flow, and the management and control of inventory in achieving the business objectives.
Responsible for logistics and scheduling with specific focus on global trade compliance, delivery performance, cycle time reduction, total inventory management, and freight logistics.
Provide leadership for development and execution of world-class supply-chain processes.
- · Develop and implement an aggressive cost improvement program for purchased materials which results in significant sustained material price productivity while maintaining superior quality and availability.
- · Provide leadership and coordinate continual sourcing activity to ensure that the business is current on all relevant technological and market developments and is securing maximum return for each dollar spent.
- · In conjunction with engineering and quality, develop and pursue programs of supplier quality which assure use of highly reliable materials while continuously reducing related quality costs through increased use of supplier certification, statistical process control and other quality techniques.
- · Continuously enhance the effectiveness and professional stature of personnel through personal coaching, formal training, and strategic restructuring.
- · Establish and maintain a close working relationship with Emerson Sourcing and Supply Chain function.
- · Establish and maintain a close working relationship with Emerson Legal for review of contracts, license agreements and similar documents.
- · Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering, Finance, Operations, Technical or Business
- · Minimum 10 years functional experience, and 3 years of managerial experience with work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- · Extensive project and change management experience supported by a methodology
- · Extensive experience in spend analytics methodologies & best practice implementation
- · Proven track record of year over year cost reduction implementation
- · Experience in implementing supplier improvement programs
- · Excellent negotiation skills and contract management
- · Good understanding of the direct material, indirect materials & services and logistics markets, and their respective key cost drivers
- · Good project management experience within multi-disciplinary teams
Additional Information. Requirements
Personality Traits and Practical Experience:
- · Leadership skills and cross-cultural awareness
- · Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to manage multiple tasks
- · Customer oriented
- · Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- · Ability to work multi-dimensionally in a complex business matrixed environment
- · Ability to influence upward, peer-wide, and downward
- · Strong managerial courage, assertiveness and ability to work through resistance to change
- · Self- driven personality; High attention to detail required
- · High level of integrity
- · Ability to deal with various levels of the organization; must be able to effectively communicate to a diverse group of stakeholders including senior management, finance, operations, materials management, quality, engineering and suppliers
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.